• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what time to feed is best?

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wondering when the best time to feed my beardie is. i go to work at 7 in the morning and get home at 5 in the afternoon. m beardie well only eat once a day. 2 or 3 crixs thats it. wondering if its best for me to wake him up in the morning and bath and feed him like i was doing. or just wiat till five when i gets home and let him wake up himslef during the morning.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Joe, perhaps you could put out some greens in the morning before you leave for work and then bring out the crickets at the end of the day? That way he always has food available and might even start eating two meals a day ;)

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks josh for the reply, that sounds like a good idea, i alway give him a salad and crixs every morning but he wont eat the salad. well not for me to see. today he pooped green, is it possible he started eating greens while i was at work?

kathann

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a problem/question:
My beardie Humphrey was hatched on 5/4, and I brought him home this past Saturday.
He is a great eater when it comes to crickets, BUT I can't seem to get him to eat any greens. So far, I have tried dandelion leaves, and tonight parsley.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions
Thanks

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
a lot don't at first don't worry just keep trying

kathann

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Bill !!
I found this forum by accident, and I am glad I did...everyone has been helpful and giving me a lot of good advice.
Should I just keep trying, or is there anything else, that he might like better ??
Just posted one picture of him the other day, but I took my disposable camera today to wal mart, and will have some neat pictures in a week ( I hope ).

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol most babies take forever to eat greens and will only eat a nible here or there but always offer it adn if you can find a prepared food at a pet store it helps them geta well rounded meal teh only kind mine will eat is nature zone bearded dragons bites ive tried 10 different foodsbut as long as you dust any bugs in vitamins theyre healthy

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a problem/question:
My beardie Humphrey was hatched on 5/4, and I brought him home this past Saturday.
He is a great eater when it comes to crickets, BUT I can't seem to get him to eat any greens. So far, I have tried dandelion leaves, and tonight parsley.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions
Thanks
http://carolinadesignerdragons.com/common/docs/food_list.pdf
try this list. its the same as others its just the one i have saved. my guys wont eat pet store dragon chow. i like mustard and collard greens and try some fruit from the list. also he should be eating crickets small enough that you can put his salad in a bowl and throw crickets in the salad and no where else. in going for the crickets he should get some greens and maybe that will help stimulate things

Latest posts