• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is the best reptile show in the states

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Come to Canada for the Western Canadian Reptile Expo! end of August so you have lots of time to prep!! :)
it's the biggest one in western canada!!!

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's funny I stumbled upon this because I am wondering the same thing. I am thinking about going to Repticon in MD in October. Have any of you ever been and is it worth the 2-3 hour drive for me?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have traveled from NY to Ga on the East coast doing shows.
My favorites in order are, White Plains NY, Repticon Baltimore, I also enjoy going to Repticons in NC, Columbia SC and Atlanta.

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have traveled from NY to Ga on the East coast doing shows.
My favorites in order are, White Plains NY, Repticon Baltimore, I also enjoy going to Repticons in NC, Columbia SC and Atlanta.
I think I'll be seeing you at the one in Baltimore. Would you still be willing to take a look at my girl? If so I need to know the best way to transport her and keep her happy for the day.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think I'll be seeing you at the one in Baltimore. Would you still be willing to take a look at my girl? If so I need to know the best way to transport her and keep her happy for the day.

Whenever I have to take any of mine to the vet I put them into a box with a hot water bottle to keep them warm, always seems to keep their temps ok for me :)

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I was wondering this myself, although I picked this little guy up in the Oaks,PA show, it seemed somewhat drab. There were enough vendors there,but it was obvious the convention center had expected more. I asked around and some of the vendors said storms last year and dwindling numbers are killing that show. So I guess I will have to find more. I'm hoping to get him a mate at the hamburg show,but we will see.

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ive used boxes, towels and shoulders...lol Whatever works. I would be more than happy to check her out.
Thank you I will find you. Do you have a booth # yet? I looked into this expo and saw VIP tickets, do you know what those are? I didn't see anything they offered other than early entry, did I miss something? As far as her staying warm. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me one way plus the time I decide to spend at the expo. So this is going to be an all day affair for us. Do you think that is to much for her and how can I keep her warm enough for say at least 8 hours away from home.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vip ticks will get you in at 9 am instead of 10 am on the 1st day. They are also good for both days of the show. I should be on table 18 or 19. thats where I always at. See you there.

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Vip ticks will get you in at 9 am instead of 10 am on the 1st day. They are also good for both days of the show. I should be on table 18 or 19. thats where I always at. See you there.
Does Exo Terra have a booth set up there? And if so are the prices better than online? I am just having a hard time parting with $250.00 for the enclosure we want. I will, but if I could save a few bucks I would be happy!!! :)

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Unfortunately for me Brett I'm in Scotland, UK and there was once a show a few years ago, but it was a flop so it was never repeated. We are saving to have a holiday to the US in a few years, maybe we will get dates where we can go to an expo while we are there :)

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Cool thanks Brett, something to look into for summer holidays next year as we would have to make a mini-break of it as they are all at least 5/6 hours drive from us, too far to do in one day :)

naich

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
whiteplains is good, i have gone several times. they have it four times year too which is fun. Its mostly snakes, but there are a good amount of lizards compared to hamburg and some other shows. I have only been to whiteplains, so thats my only input.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
White Plains is up to 6 next year. Its one of my fav shows to vend at and we are working on moving from the stage to down on the floor.

Latest posts