• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do mites look like? Are they red?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all, i was just feeding Yoda and i spotted this tiny tiny little red/orange fleck on Yoda. I was surprised when it moved. It's barely the size of a dot from a pen. Any ideas and how to l get rid of it/them?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
l've checked yoda and l only found 1. I've just checked the enclosure and l can't seem to find any others. I will cleanout the enclosure shortly and really check or the branches and stuff

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ya I would just give it a good cleaning check his ears and his vent around his eyes and under his legs up in the pits

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok, now i was reading that a betadine and water solution is bested used on reptiles iif mites are found. what do you think?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have never used it we have sprays

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have never had mites nock on wood maybe some one who has run into them will answer.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From what I could find online a betadine & water solution does work for reptiles with mites but I personally haven't had an issue with my dragons & mites so I can't tell you firsthand about this method. I also found online that ZooMed has a 99.9% all natural product called ''Mite off'' as an option. If Yoda does have mites then you have to treat him & his enclosure with everything in it. Anything bought from a petstore or collected from outdoors should be soaked & sanitized before it is introduced to the enclosure because of pest & parasites. If I can find anything else, I will let u know.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I had a bad mite infestation on my snakes a while back. I tried that mite off with no success didn't do a thing. After some reading i went with Reptile spray by Natural Chemistry for my snakes and Provent a mite for the enclosure, it do a awesome job for me.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IMG_20110712_032309.jpg

Latest posts