• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird Behavior

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi my bearded dragon geico has been acting pretty weird. When ever he is basking or laying up in his hammock he will open his mouth. Also he will stand up on his hind legs against the glass and scratch it... Any suggestions on what is going on? Thanks!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glass dancing trying to get out. Mouth open can be regulating his temp .this is just my opinion

Mon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Hi my bearded dragon geico has been acting pretty weird. When ever he is basking or laying up in his hammock he will open his mouth​

This is called "thermoregulating" completely normal while basking.

Also he will stand up on his hind legs against the glass and scratch it... Any suggestions on what is going on? Thanks!

Glass dancing is done due to various reasons like wanting to be taken out, needing to poop, being hungry. Its basically to attract attention and also completely normal behaviour.

Latest posts