• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

water for dragons.

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ok Charlie is eating (well to a degree, he is shedding again. :) ) anyway he never eats the greens but thats ok I know they dont always.. So he like many beardies dont drink.. tried the spritzing n bathing trick even the dropper on nose. he just gives me a filthy look n darts off to hide. till i call his name n offer him crix that is.. any other ideas or will he be cool just getting hydration from his crix?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have several dragons that i have only seen drink once or twic in their life but they are good eaters. its been my experience that you wont notice them drinking much from the tub un til thet get older. they dont need much when they are small but as they get bigger and need more, they'll be more apt to drink. in other words, dont worry!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have several dragons that i have only seen drink once or twic in their life but they are good eaters. its been my experience that you wont notice them drinking much from the tub un til thet get older. they dont need much when they are small but as they get bigger and need more, they'll be more apt to drink. in other words, dont worry!

I Agree we have several do the same thing

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Both of my beardies have water bowls in their vivs. I have seen them both use them. My smaller girl will use hers a lot more than the other. She drinks from it and she has moments where she splashes around in it and once she's all wet she slides out and slides around on the floor on her belly like she is on a slip and slide. Once she's done she goes to her basking spot and dries off. It's very cute and funny to watch.

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
cool. i'll leave him with all that stuff in and he can drink or not. i know i do everything for him :)

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My 14 month old guy (18 inches) gets a 10-20 minute soak in the tube almost every day and I've NEVER seen him drink while taking his bath. He also has a shallow bowl in his viv. He will occasional lay in it to sleep when its almost empty. Oh, he does drink water however. He drinks about 3-4 times a week. Probably cuz he eats NO veg and no crix!

He'll gladly drink from a dropper. He'll even asks for a drink when a walk into his room by making eye contact w/me and smacking his lips. I've also found that he likes to drink the juice from watermelon.....he doesn't eat the stuff mind you, but he will drink as much as I'll give him. I have cut a piece, hold it above his head and let it drip drop by drop onto his mouth - he really likes it.....licking his lips for more and looking at me insultingly when it runs out - lol ;D

Your guy WILL drink - you need to watch for the signs. If he shows no discernible signs, then just gut load your criskets with as much water as possible along with good quality food PLUS maintain a regular routine of soaking every week - then you should be fine!

Good luck,

Latest posts