• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

vitamins

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok im getting a baby beardie very soon. i know they eat 3 times a day. and greens can be in the tank daily. i also know that the crickets should be dusted but i dont know how often.. and also i heard if you use a MVB(which i am) that you should give them the calcium powder that contains no D3. a friend of mine got rid of his beardie and gave me reptocal powder but it has D3. . so if i get the powder with no D3 how often should i dust the crickets and is that the only thing i should give him or is there other vitamins he should get? also i heard if you gut load your crickets with that green gel(which i will be doing) you dont even need to dust.. is that true?:eek: sry just wanna make sure when i get him that hes happy AND healthy

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yep no D3 and we dust our young 5 times a week and vitamin 2 times dont count on the gel dust the bugs

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hi tedtation

where you are using the MVB you will want to keep a close eye ont he dragon and the temps in the VIV. Lately ( the last year or so) there have been some major problems with ALL of the MVB bulbs and it is really hit and miss wether you get a bulb that will be safe for the dragon.

Make sure you burn in the bulb by truning it on for a few days and leave it on but not over the VIV. Then watch the dragons eyes if he/she tends to keep his eyes closed while basking or avoids basking all together and doesn't open his eyes when you open the VIV then you may be giving him UVB in the worng spectrum (basically the bulb is bad due to the glass in it). They can also go the other way and just get very lazy (really noticable in very youg dragons) and stop eating, this can be a sign that the bulb isn't putting out enough UVB.

I personally use to use MVB bulbs but I had so many issues that switched back to linear bulbs (repti-sun 10).

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy being a new Beardy Slave!;)

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yeah i was a little worried about the MVB as well but
hi tedtation

where you are using the MVB you will want to keep a close eye ont he dragon and the temps in the VIV. Lately ( the last year or so) there have been some major problems with ALL of the MVB bulbs and it is really hit and miss wether you get a bulb that will be safe for the dragon.

Make sure you burn in the bulb by truning it on for a few days and leave it on but not over the VIV. Then watch the dragons eyes if he/she tends to keep his eyes closed while basking or avoids basking all together and doesn't open his eyes when you open the VIV then you may be giving him UVB in the worng spectrum (basically the bulb is bad due to the glass in it). They can also go the other way and just get very lazy (really noticable in very youg dragons) and stop eating, this can be a sign that the bulb isn't putting out enough UVB.

I personally use to use MVB bulbs but I had so many issues that switched back to linear bulbs (repti-sun 10).

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy being a new Beardy Slave!;)

yea i was a little worried about the MVB also but ide rather use the one bulb for everything. i did get the mega ray since they got the best reviews on all of these beardie sites. and they i guess they just started a new one.. the "raptor". and its been getting awesome reviews. but i was worried and did as mush research as i could. i dont have my beardie yet but i have left the bulb on its 12 hour cycle for the past 2 days and plan on leaving it on for 2 more to let burn in. thanks!

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yep no D3 and we dust our young 5 times a week and vitamin 2 times dont count on the gel dust the bugs

so i should dust them with the calcium 5 times a week and then the one with D3 2 times a week?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No d3 just vitamins they are different you have calcium powder and vitamin powder

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
awesome thanks. thats exactly what i needed to know. i didnt know if there was another multi vitamin besides the calium and D3 stuff. any suggestions for the multi vitamin??

Latest posts