• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

uva?

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i saw these i think halogen bulbs at the petstore i know you need uvb but it said uva are they similar and if i get that do i still need a uvb bulb????

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
uvb and uva are not the same. some people use flourescents i use mercury vapor. both provide uvb and uva. they need both. you can use a reptisun 10.0 and a basking bulb or a solar glo 125w for example. it provides heat and uvb. both are effective.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UVA is the weakest of the UV you need UVB also, if it dont say it I would not get it

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
teh uvb and heat combo are like 80 bucks lol but definately getting some soon but now just to replace the one i have i piced up a flourecent bulb

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeA it was very intersting i didnt understand what the bulb was for so i refrained from buying it lol thinkin bought getting a few mercury vapor bulbs

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
there are cheap ones out there but i wouldnt go near them. mega ray is a good bulb but they are backordered and the owner is an ass. the solar glo by exo terra is a good bulb. about 40 bucks or cheaper at a reptile show.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ooh that sounds good yea i was going to get the one at the petstore but it was 80 yikess but ill try the solar glos

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ZooMeds halogen bulbs are very good, they offer more heat than a standard bulb & my dragons seem to react to them well. Temperature helps with Digestion, UVA helps stimulate Natural Behavior & UVB helps with the Production of Calcium.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thanks lots guys lol most of my dragons will be outside but anybody under 6 months im keeping indoors and wana use the best lighting for the best price;)

Latest posts