• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT super worm question

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Are you able to feed your Beardie Superworms everyday? If so, how many should you feed them?

Yea you tech can make them a staple diet........ However your temps should be bang on since they are a little harder to digest for them..... Depending on how big your dragon is would depend on how much to feed....... My one can eat 20+ if I let him........ Generally Ryle of thumb people say is whatever they can eat in 15 min....... Generally they eat until full.....

I have 4 beardies..... Smallest to largest.

Superman (6“ ) = 2-3
Flash (9" ) = 5-10
Scarlet (12“ ) = 10 - 15
Jade (20“ ) = 20 - 30

Also dust em like you would crickets.
I do not feed them these everyday.... Crickets are still my staple diet right now. They get supers maybe every 2 to 3 days a week.

If I make them a staple they won't get that many as I listed.

Hope it helps.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are you able to feed your Beardie Superworms everyday? If so, how many should you feed them?

People do use supers as a staple food. I currently use them as a staple for my older dragon because she's on a cricket strike. Although, I might have figured out the reason. I always dust the crickets and I started dusting her supers and she will only eat one and loose interest. So I'm testing her to see if she just doesn't like the taste of the vitamins and calcium. She's being moody right now so not eating much of anything dusted or not.

As far as how many to feed, I usually give her as many as she wants. She is 18" and about 420 grams and will usually turn her head up after 7 large super worms. Now my little guy is about 15" and 125grams and he will eat the whole container if I let him! I usually stop at 5 because they are the large ones. I notice he chomps them and they break in half and he goes back around the tank and picks up the other halves when he's done! It's real gross.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wouldn't really recommend using just supers as a staple. They are pretty fatty, have some nutritional shortcomings and variety is always important. Best thing is to mix it up as much as possible.

Oh and was it the red wigglers you tried feeding your frogs? They produce an acrid slime when disturbed, so I'm guessing that was the issue. If you feed worms, try the Canadian or African nightcrawler, they are nice and big and don't produce any such secretions. They are also very nutritious and packed with many great minerals.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've been trying to mix it up for her but she's been in a mood lately she doesn't really want to eat much of anything. I thought she would love hornworms but she didn't really show much interest in them. I discovered a reptile store here in the city that supposedly has dubia's so I'm going to see if I can get a few of those. If she likes them, I'm going to have a tough time convincing my landlord that they are not going to over run his building!

That's interesting about the red wigglers, I never knew that.

Latest posts