• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT super worm question

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay so I ordered hornworms and 500 super worms. Had them sent to work and didn't realize the supers would come in a cardboard cricket box. What do I store them in when I get home? Will they climb a glass tank? Also....can I feed them oatmeal and cricket feed?

I can't believe I had a complete brain fart when I ordered them. I'm so used to them coming in the little tubs!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay so I just put them in an oatmeal/plain cheerios mixture with some collard greens and carrots. I used a 5 gallon breeder tank that I had laying around with vented metal lid.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks! That's what I did, bought 500. Dexter is completely sticking her nose up at crickets but she likes supers. I put them in an old 5 gal breeder tank, I just didn't know if they could climb the walls. I know when I put them in bowls in Dexter's tank they crawl out so I was just worried. So far so good but man I put some carrots in when I got them and the next day the carrots were either gone or completely dried up!

I also bought hornworms too. I'm so excited to feed them to Dexter and Luci. They were a little small when I got them but they are growing pretty fast! I got them from GreatLakes Hornworms and I ordered a cup of 25 but I count almost 50!

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea the supers really only need the bran to eat....... Everything else they will just nibble on... Than it gets buried and rots and they eat it and u feed em to your beardie and it's not healthy...... 500 last me about 2 weeks...... 4 beardies and 3 sugies to feed lol...... I'm going to start breading them myself...... Since they don't stink and make no noise I'm also thinking of making them my staple diet since I can't use roaches........ Stupid Canada........ Lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I may have bit off more than I can chew with getting 500. Dexter is the only one that I feed the large ones too and she doesn't really eat many. She's more concerned with getting out of her tank to play than eating LOL! I did feed Luci a few of the large ones this morning and he seemed to do okay with them, I only gave him 2 too see if he could handle them. I'm still afraid of feeding them to my frogs though, not sure if they can digest them fast enough. Plus I gave the frogs earthworms once and they spit them right back out!

I'm in the same boat as you, I can't have roaches. Not because of laws but because I live in an apartment building and the landlord wouldn't appreciate it, even if I explained they aren't the roaches everyone thinks they are. The super worms are really clean though. I've sifted through and cleaned out the old veggies and the shed, they are all just happily crawling around in their oats!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Trying to post pics but it won't let me...... Grrrrrr

What are you using to access the forum, your phone, taptalk, computer? I was having problems uploading a picture to the media gallery from my phone and I noticed someone else couldn't upload from taptalk.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm going to let Josh know of the problems. I thought it was just my internet connection, we seem to be having problems at my office today. I'm also unsure how to upload a photo from Photobucket to the media gallery using my phone. I'm getting an "invalid URL" message.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
hmmm, i was able to post it here through photobucket.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I sent Josh a message.

I wanted to put this photo in the media gallery. Dexter goes NUTS when she starts drinking water in her tank and she tries to get her body in the bowl! I think she needs a pool in her tank!

JoshSpence

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you able to feed your Beardie Superworms everyday? If so, how many should you feed them?