• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tripping over front legs... Please help

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
So I finally have an update worth sharing regarding Titus. It has been a very long recovery process, but it seems he is finally starting to improve. I was genuinely worried for a while that he would never regain his ability to walk and that I should just be thankful he’s still alive.

However, I have been letting him out of his tank more and I feel this is helping him to relearn how to properly move around. I’m so pleased to say that he is fully able to walk again. His appetite is great. He just shed for the first time since the incident occurred, and he seems back to his curious little self.

He cannot walk like he used to before I will say. Dragons should be able to support their full body weight with their legs while walking and standing, however most of the time he is kind of “sliding” as I assume it’s still hard for him to support himsrlf on his legs. Regardless, he is still able to walk and move around on his own and I’m so grateful that he has improved. I don’t know if he’ll ever be able to walk completely normal again, but the guilt I’ve been dealing with thinking he’ll never walk at all again has been killing me, so I’m grateful that he can walk in his own way.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
Awesome, titus is a real CHAMP, he is doing great. keep up the good work your doing it has helped alot...also even if he doesn't regain his post accident walking ability he can still get around fine. you've done a great job so try not to feel guilty it was a mistake that anyone could make. your a great dragon guardian in my book because you saw something wrong and you got help for him, some people don't until it's to late , you did a great job of taking care of your little guy, bravo.