• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tips for my enclosure?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Another option for substrate could be millet seed. It's digestible if they were to get some in them. Line the bottom with paper towel 3 layers. Than millet seed on top. Change the paper towel every week and the millet seed every 6 months. Obviously spot clean by scooping the poop etc. This could be another option.
INMO Millet, Bran or any other grain substrate is not a great choice either. Moisture gets into it & is absorbed providing a haven for bacteria growth & mold. Just a heads up ...
Though I do have one question for tile measurements, the terrarium is 36x18x18 does this measurement start from the outside of the glass or from the inside and go across. When getting the tile should I request a piece that is 35.5x17.5?
Here would be the measurements of the tile needed
Mungis Buddha said:
The slate tiles that are in Mungi's enclosure I bought at Lowes. They were only a couple of bucks a piece. You can get tiles at Home Depot and other suppliers as well but I buy them from Lowes because there is I buy the tile they will cut them for free.
For a 40 gallon Breeder tank like his it only requires three 12x12 tiles and six 6x6 tiles and just a few cuts.
Here is a diagram of how the tiles fit and showing how they were cut in case you want to do that for your dragon's enclosure.
They just lay in tank and can easily be pulled out for cleaning.
40gbtilesetup_zps517507ef.jpg
As has been mentioned, you really need to get some different thermometers, those just do not work for this application. Digital with a sensor\probe is the best. Check out Temp Guns

Last edited:

Latest posts