• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TIM Advice

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
So we bought this little guy from a exotic pet store around January 2018 and over the past 2 weeks I've noticed this yellow stuff appearing around his vent (I think it could be yellow fungus) as well as these weird wart like bumps let me know what you guys think
2c3e12b7880019a5fea2b9b6bb1be3f2.jpg
54fbe8954df8a3d825b6602d620452f5.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
e0e31cd7cb7b4c887a4ed57217e3e608.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Have you given him a bath and tried to scrub whatever it is off of his vent? The yellow bumps are clogged femoral pores. Don't pick at them or squeeze them. You can give him a nice long warm soak and brush them with a toothbrush to help get them cleaned out. If that doesn't work a vet will need to look a them and make sure they aren't infected.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have you given him a bath and tried to scrub whatever it is off of his vent? The yellow bumps are clogged femoral pores. Don't pick at them or squeeze them. You can give him a nice long warm soak and brush them with a toothbrush to help get them cleaned out. If that doesn't work a vet will need to look a them and make sure they aren't infected.
Ok ill try the bath. And turns out that the yellow stuff was just his sperm, he's going through puberty we learned that yesterday.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I figured it was something other than YF. YF is more crusty and black in color.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep be sure to do nice warm soaks and gentle scrubbing with a toothbrush to cut down on the waxy build up in his femoral pores..as he's got a bunch of wax buildup.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yep be sure to do nice warm soaks and gentle scrubbing with a toothbrush to cut down on the waxy build up in his femoral pores..as he's got a bunch of wax buildup.
How warm do you recommend the water to be.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A normal bath should feel warm but not too hot on your wrist, make it just a little warmer than that.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
A normal bath should feel warm but not too hot on your wrist, make it just a little warmer than that.
I tried that today but it seemed that whenever I would use the tooth brush he would run away does it hurt him?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried that today but it seemed that whenever I would use the tooth brush he would run away does it hurt him?

Just go gently as they are really clogged, you may just try rubbing them with your finger *don't pull or squeeze" It's going to take some time to clear them out, and after brumation they want to mate so they produce more phermones.
My adult male Simon isn't very fond of me cleaning his pores but I am able to get them cleaned.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just go gently as they are really clogged, you may just try rubbing them with your finger *don't pull or squeeze" It's going to take some time to clear them out, and after brumation they want to mate so they produce more phermones.
My adult male Simon isn't very fond of me cleaning his pores but I am able to get them cleaned.
Do you have a YouTube channel?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It doesn’t really hurt them. He might be a bit sore because his are so clogged but scrubbing them isn’t painful. My boy hates having his scrubbed and always tries to get away.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
It doesn’t really hurt them. He might be a bit sore because his are so clogged but scrubbing them isn’t painful. My boy hates having his scrubbed and always tries to get away.
Thanks ill update tomorrow and see how it goes

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks ill update tomorrow and see how it goes

Yea they don't like it and it may be uncomfortable at first but just keep trying and it won't be as bad once you get them better maintained.
With Simon I'll get some good scrubs then he'll wiggle away so I give him a few seconds then I'll try the other side and repeat..
sorry no you tube but someone may have done one lol

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea they don't like it and it may be uncomfortable at first but just keep trying and it won't be as bad once you get them better maintained.
With Simon I'll get some good scrubs then he'll wiggle away so I give him a few seconds then I'll try the other side and repeat..
sorry no you tube but someone may have done one lol
Thank you [emoji120]. And go check this YouTube channel called simons lair

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good news I gave tim a bath last night to scrub of the wax and I had discovered that one of the wax spikes and fallen out on it own. I scrubbed him with wan water and a toothbrush, not sure if I helped I didn't notice any changes but I think it helped.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have another problem. Tim is still producing sperm and still leaking it. He has doing this for a week or more now, is this normal for a male bearded dragon going through puberty.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not sure about that. From what i've seen is they have sperm plugs where the sperm comes out hard. I've never heard of it leaking out. You may want to ask a vet about that.

Thomas T

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure about that. From what i've seen is they have sperm plugs where the sperm comes out hard. I've never heard of it leaking out. You may want to ask a vet about that.
Ok I schedule a appointment

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea I would agree with Patsy I've not heard of them leaking like that, Simon has had plugs but never leaked.

Latest posts