• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This is what I get for NOT paying attention:

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I can't help myself. I am a visual kind of girl and like to see things for myself. ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And we are the "fairer" sex ? lol...
without Further Adu...
Picture 1
Thumb1.jpg

P 2
Thumb2.jpg

P 3
Thumb3.jpg

There... y'all good now ? lol

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
lol, HAPPY :)

So did ya tell them you needed meds for pain and a week off??? :)

How did that happen?

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Those blue stitches are cool!
Did you get to pick a color?
And I agree with the pain meds and time off work thing! ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay.. I'm happy y'all are..

Now for the other questions...
Stitches came as you saw.. no picking colors, though I like the color lol.
Today I get off... tomorrow back to the grind..
Meds suggested were ibuprofen... haven't taken anything, most likely won't..
Area was deadened with 1% Lidocaine.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It happened when I was cutting bread dough for baking, customer walks by, I raised my head to greet, and when I looked down.. well... needless to say, I practiced a safe disposal policy, that no hospital would have looked their noses down on...

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any one else notice the men folk skedaddled when I posted those pics ? Hmmm Man Card violation perhaps ?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Looks like a nice clean cut. Not red and sore looking. I like the blue too.

So I guess you just have to bandage it and wear your regular gloves then? Doesn't seem like it will be very comfortable because you have to keep working and using that hand. :(

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
Any one else notice the men folk skedaddled when I posted those pics ? Hmmm Man Card violation perhaps ?

LOL, I think a lot of men (not pointing fingers, just saying in general) talk a good game, but are actually worse at this type of thing than women are.

I used to be in the rescue squad in our town. We were having training one night and before we had training, we had a sick call, the town drunk was at it again, and giving back to the streets what he had been drinking. I dont do really well with what I call the 3 p's. (pee puke or poop) but blood and guts I am fine with. I walked away from the call, because they did not need me, and I didnt want to be around it.
Of course the guys were giving me a hard time. Went back for training, and we had to watch a movie of an autopsy. The instructor would always bring popcorn basically as a joke when we had videos like that

Well, I sat there, watching the whole thing, and eating popcorn, while all the men were hiding or running out. Revenge was sweet!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
;)
Yes, the cut was clean, curved towards the outside, right on the crease where I bend the joint. Tendon was missed ( thank goodness) no swelling to note, just a basic suture and release.. I am going to wear finger cots while at work, and sani-gloves over that..
And I get to remove these in 8 days.. all by myself.. Did you see how much the Doc left on the ends of those sutures ? Gracious.... I could almost knit something with that much left over.. iffen I knew how to knit that is ...lol...
And I got to watch all of it.. Even knew that when Doc was heading towards the inside where the nerve was, to wait a full 5 seconds even counted them, and told him to have at. He was really impressed.. Guy across the hall was hollaring like a stuck pig... same sore of wound.. superficial.. Doc came back after he did the fellow and winked at me, then away he went.. Told me I could come to see him anytime for suturing.. I was eaaaaaaaaasy..
Anyone else see anything wroooong with that invite ? lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
MIne never did... well, before the first injection, nuttin.. after the first injection, nuttin.. During the first injection.. oh yeah.. I felt.. moved ! lol

Latest posts