• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The fate of 'Half Jack"

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everybody. Recently (Yesterday to be exact) i had the opportunity of 'rescuing' a bd from a real bad experience. With the help of Monique a.k.a 'Pogie' i managed to acquire a very malnutritioned bd. 'Half Jack' is from the same clutch as Sykes(Re: Sykes's thread) and although he is aged +- 3 months, he only measures 11 cm/ 4 inches!!!! :'( the previous owner kept him together with another bd of the same age in the same viv. Needless to say the other bd is in as bad a shape but unfortunately the owner does not want to part with him.(5 inches). 'Half Jack' has the toes on his one foot missing and the tip of his tail is gone. Apart from that he does not know that a UV light actually exists and the meaning of unobstructed sunlight he cannot grasp. He was kept in a viv with sand as a substrate with a 60W household bulb as a heatsource. Food consisted of some veggies and listen to this, 'MEDIUM CRICKETS'.That is if he wasn't bullied away by the other BD. :mad:Today I managed to feed him 4 pinhead crickets as well as some veggies. Other than his size he seems to be doing fine. Please bear me in mind and wish me LOTS of luck. Pics to follow!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wish you luck and that stinks you could not save them both. He should bounce back fast and you will get to watch him grow FAST very soon.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you Staylor. I'll keep you updated. How's the new viv coming along?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
have not started yet. I have to find an old dresser. We just got settled here at the new house so I can focus on building the viv now. My hopes are to find a dresser and start in the next couple of weeks. I plan on having it finished in the next 6 months. He is still a little thing so I have tons of time. Want to take my time and get it perfect.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Geez.....how sad! Very happy to hear that Half Jack will have a chance. Keep us posted on his progress. Poor little guy....

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Staylor, Don't be to confident about having 'tons of time'. You'll be amazed at how fast they grow.
Craiger, thanks for the well wishes. Will keep you posted.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
0002013F.gif

Yeah, so glad Half-Jack ate . . . . He is the tiniest thing I have ever seen, you need a microscope to see his toenails

Heres a Pic of him (The teeny tiny one . . . and his EX tankmate that was the domineering one)

SNC00439-1.jpg

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He's so cute, he reminds me of the little one from the land of the lost. The name slips my mind at the moment.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I AM KEEPING IT AT THE MOMENT IN ONE OF SYKES'S PREVIOUS VIV'S BUT WILL SOON REDECORATE TO SUIT HIS NEEDS

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He reminds me of little TT (RIP little fella) Best wishes and thank you for taking the time to help this little one. May he grow to be a more handsome and loving pet for you!!!!!!!!

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im sorry have not had my coffee yet...lol...It's The Land Before Time and his name is Ducky...he's the little one of course :)

Ducky.jpg

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi folks.Just a bit of news on HALF JACK. The little fella 's appetite is increasing gradually and that is at least something to be glad about. He seems to enjoy himself in his viv all by himself. Got his lighting sorted out today as well as his temps. Also installed a heatpad(we're going in for autumn in RSA and temps are starting to drop quite a bit at night).Will try it out tonight. Also decided to rename him since he is getting a new start in life,get rid of the past .LOL. He is now officialy called "ZOOM ZOOM" (From the Pocket Dragons) because he is incredibly fast and nimble. regards

Latest posts