• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temp Drop at Night?

Christi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Day 3 with new baby beardie. First night we turned both heat and uvb lamps but we were relying on the strip thermometer so I'm not sure what final temp was. Last night with our new digital thermos the warm side dropped from 108 to 82 in 5 minutes. I was worried he'd get too cold so i turned uvb off and left heat on overnight. How cold can it get overnight and still be safe? We have the air on in the house now and it's about 73 overnight. Should I get him some kinda of night heat bulb or will he be ok with both lights off at night as is?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
73 will be fine I don't use any night heat till winter time and then it's just my furnace . They brumate at lower temps

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If the temperature in your house stays in the 70's at night your dragon will be fine. You want to try & replicate the sun as much as possible inside your dragons enclosure with the lighting you are providing. Timers help tremendously & can be set to have the lighting act similar to the sun. -Example- Basking light can be set 2 shut off an hour or two before your UVB to simulate a sun setting.

Latest posts