• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taming your BD

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think were having positive results here . . . .

She still wont get onto my hand willingly, but if I pick her up she doesn't scamper and squirm as much, I can kiss her on the back of the head and she doesn't hiss/beard flare or try to snap at me anymore ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
BREAKTHROUGH . . . I think

Had P out for an hour yesterday, took Li's advice and went and sat on the bathroom floor, put her leash on which fits better now and she didn't jump. She walked around, on my legs and shoulders and didn't get out of the leash as she did in the past when she was smaller/thinner.
The leash BEFORE, she got out quite easilly
SNC00258.jpg

The leash now, no escape YET
Photo0077.jpg

On my knee
Photo0085.jpg

On my shoulder
Photo0084.jpg

Trying to escape with no luck
Photo0091.jpg

Sorry for all the pics.... but had to share, will post the others in BD pics

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK, so Pogie was going NUTS today. Running up and down along her glass doors. Scatching and bumping her head non stop.
She didnt want to GO, as she just did, she didnt want crickets, as she just had and refused them when I offered again. SO I thought, maybe she just wants OUT

Got her leash and WOW is she fast. Really thankfull for the leash now.

She sat on my lap a bit, then jumped onto the PC table and did dome cryptic typing LOL
Then she ran across the table and sat on my husbands keyboard for a bit.

She was all over. Inspecting everything including my empty coffee cup. Jumped off my knee and if it wasnt for the leash shed have fallen and couldve gotten hurt onto the floor and ran . . . . It was so funny me running in a crouched position after her as I was holding onto the leash for dear life. (Probably looked like those movie scenes where the dog takes the owner for a walk) She came to a stop underneath Jaydees cage (My Conure). The two had a stare off, each probably wondering . . . what the heck ARE YOU

Then she was off again, running like crazy and me crouchrunning afterwards. Eventually she stopped and as I went to pick her up to put her on my top/shoulder, she FLARED HER BEARD, WOW what a sight, I loved it, and started laughing which probably made her realise it wasnt scaring me. LOL

Once on my shoulder, I went and sat down, she ran back to my knee, and then we began again, Off to the floor/living room/passage and kitchen. I picked her up again and put her back on my shoulder and went to refil my coffee, when we got to the kitchen counter she got off and went and sat in the kitchen window, looking at something with real interrest. She was moving her front part of her body up and down, stretching her neck.

We had a blast for at least 40-50 minutes.
Here are the pics

On my arm
Photo0122.jpg

Whats in here? Can I eat it? Drink it? Beard it?
Photo0123.jpg

Ahhhh, so this is what makes those clickety sounds all day
Photo0128.jpg

Investigating all these NEW thingies
Photo0124.jpg

Latest posts