• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot? Glass Surfing? Deformed toes?? Please help

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, so I just got my beardie on the 26th and she/he is about 2 months old. I got her from our local pet shop and she was the last one. I noticed at the store her tail was black and kinda dry looking and they said nothing to worry about. So i brought her home and my dad looks and says whats wrong with her toes? Sure enough her back left foot the toes are small and look kinda like one big toe? I have no idea why. Anyways her tail looks kinda grayer today and i am worried.. anyone know what this is or what to do? And finally last night she wouldnt stop glass surfing! I'm so cocerned I just want her to be happy and healthy, if you would like a picture let me know.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, so I just got my beardie on the 26th and she/he is about 2 months old. I got her from our local pet shop and she was the last one. I noticed at the store her tail was black and kinda dry looking and they said nothing to worry about. So i brought her home and my dad looks and says whats wrong with her toes? Sure enough her back left foot the toes are small and look kinda like one big toe? I have no idea why. Anyways her tail looks kinda grayer today and i am worried.. anyone know what this is or what to do? And finally last night she wouldnt stop glass surfing! I'm so cocerned I just want her to be happy and healthy, if you would like a picture let me know.
Yes please post a pic and go over the tank husbandry- uvb brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them ? No stick ons please they are inaccurate-- substrate?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
theres her tail

Attachments

• DSCF0209 (2).JPG
    DSCF0209 (2).JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 43

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes please post a pic and go over the tank husbandry- uvb brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them ? No stick ons please they are inaccurate-- substrate?
Please post pic of the toe-- the tail does not look bad can you get a clearer picture please and go over your tank husbandry

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
The uvb is a bulb and provides UVB and heat, the brand is exo terra i think. According to the thermometer the basking temp is 87 but with my laser thermometer it shows her rock at 97 and yesterday it was 105. Substrate is reptie carpet because she is a young.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The uvb is a bulb and provides UVB and heat, the brand is exo terra i think. According to the thermometer the basking temp is 87 but with my laser thermometer it shows her rock at 97 and yesterday it was 105. Substrate is reptie carpet because she is a young.
Please post a pic of the tank and lighting

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please post a pic of the tank and lighting
Ok the mvb is a coil? If it is please get rid of it--- please post a pic of it--- the tank looks nice but we need to get the lighting in order- the glass surfing could be just curious wanting out- the probe needs to be placed on the rock where he sits for basking to get a accurate temp- what wattage is the exo terra bulb I am thinking if it's a coil you want to get rid of it

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
It is not a coil it is a bulb. Also i take temp with a laser thermometer the probe just came with the kit so im using it just because why not. The wattage is either 150 or 160 i cant really remember but its one of those 2.

Attachments

• DSCF0213.JPG
    DSCF0213.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 39

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Does what i feed it matter? The pet shop have me mealworms and crickets , will the mealworms cause problems though

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is not a coil it is a bulb. Also i take temp with a laser thermometer the probe just came with the kit so im using it just because why not. The wattage is either 150 or 160 i cant really remember but its one of those 2.
Ok - sometimes IR guns are inaccurate because of the material that's why I suggested the probe-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes please no meal worms-- they can cause impaction--- they are to harsh on stomachs- the mvb is not a very good one- most times they do not put out enough UVB- so I am gonna throw out some suggestions- you can continue to use a mvb but I recommend a different brand - plus you should add another uvb so that he's getting adequate uvb-- most times the mvb give good basking temps but lack uvb-- you can add a 18" fixture zoo med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 that needs to go inside the tank the mvb should be unobstructed as well--- or get rid of the mvb all together get a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb this has options of where is placed depends on your screen and get a regular bright white basking bulb--- you decide I will help you w/ placement of the bulbs you decide on and brand of mvb

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Im kinda out of funds right now because of my age ( 8th grade) I dont know if i can afford new bulbs right now... how do i tell how much UVB the bulb is putting out? My pet store this week is out of crickets so all they have is meal worms? What should i do

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im kinda out of funds right now because of my age ( 8th grade) I dont know if i can afford new bulbs right now... how do i tell how much UVB the bulb is putting out? My pet store this week is out of crickets so all they have is meal worms? What should i do
I need the name of that bulb your using -- look on the box or the bulb itself please and tell me --- see if the petstore has any BSFL or phoenix worms -- they are small but a great staple feeder -- you will need a lot of them --- meal worms are going to cause impaction issues ---
Go here and get some dubia roaches --- https://reptilianarts.com/collections/feederinsects/products/dubia-roaches?variant=33495593943084 these people are fast and good --- you need to start ordering on line and not rely on the the petstores --- they often do not have staple feeders to keep your dragon fed -- dubias are a better nutrition and last longer and easier to keep -- you can keep the roaches in a 10 gallon aquarium and feed dubia food and carrots for hydration also you need to feed salad every day -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I see reptilianarts has bulk silk worms in as well -- they are another great staple feeder too but you would need to order food for them - so lets go w/ the dubias for now --

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok i know about dubia roaches my big concern here is the live arrivial. I live in an extremely cold place so im worried if they will stay alive

Latest posts