• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Supers...

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, I'd hold out on the crics for a couple days.
Awwww that sounds BAD, poor baby.

You'd be surprised how long they can go without. If she's doing really well and a bit on the heavy side by now, she'd be perfectly fine. I wouldn't do this with a baby, but a healthy juvie/adult would be just fine. In fact, I only feed protein to my adults once or twice a week.

Yeah, shes only 9 months. is that old enough to withhold protein. I know about them eating less as adults but thought it was only after a year.

Then shes starting to worry me now. She WONT eat. Tried giving her her crick, with the super tossed in between. She just closes her eyes. *wonder if she knows the super is in there*

Well Ive tried now to cut the super in half, smeared the goo over her lips (Gross, gross, gross, gross Yuk, yuk yuk). . . . maybe when she tastes it now shell go eat it. Roll Eyes

Okay, now that's just gross. Cheesy

Oh yeah ;D you can say that again

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Personally, I'd hold out on the crics for a couple days.
Awwww that sounds BAD, poor baby.

You'd be surprised how long they can go without. If she's doing really well and a bit on the heavy side by now, she'd be perfectly fine. I wouldn't do this with a baby, but a healthy juvie/adult would be just fine. In fact, I only feed protein to my adults once or twice a week.

Yeah, shes only 9 months. is that old enough to withhold protein. I know about them eating less as adults but thought it was only after a year.

Then shes starting to worry me now. She WONT eat. Tried giving her her crick, with the super tossed in between. She just closes her eyes. *wonder if she knows the super is in there*

Well Ive tried now to cut the super in half, smeared the goo over her lips (Gross, gross, gross, gross Yuk, yuk yuk). . . . maybe when she tastes it now shell go eat it. Roll Eyes

Okay, now that's just gross. Cheesy

Oh yeah ;D you can say that again

She's probably just annoyed, now. I've had mine refuse anything after I've persistently tried to give them something. Just give the supers a rest for a bit. She might not eat much more today. Try again in another day or two....and just offer crics tomorrow. Eventually, they all get tired of eating the same thing over and over.

I agree that 9 months old might be a bit young to hold out on anything. If she's not wanting the supers, yet, she might change her mind in another week or two. And when she does, you might just have another issue on your hands (her decision to refuse crickets). Supers can get a bit addicting for some dragons. And as they're more fatty than crickets or roaches, dragons can get overweight with having too many.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx, will do.

Think Ill give her a nice soak to cheer her up ;D

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Have you tried giving her a freshie? They are the white supers that have just shed. Even Yo will eat them!!! :9.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No I havent, dont think there are any in the tub I bought :-\ :-\ :-\. But will go digg tomorrow with a chopstick ( or something really LOOOOOONG, these worms gross me out totally) to see if theyre hiding in the substrate

Latest posts