• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

soft non-live food

Pat B

Super Moderator
I would only use canned insects as a backup. They don't really thrill me because I am sure that additives have been added. Sometimes I run out of crix and mealies and I need something to feed the little boy. That doesn't happen for often but the pet store I go too isn't that close. I will be glad when he is bigger and eats more greens and fruits....:confused:

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
ya it does have additives, but that is why i give them as treats. i give it to them once a week.

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
you probably dont have this store in your area (less you live near where i do) its called Southern Ag, they have crickets for $0.99 a dozen, Petsmart is my backup cricket store at $0.11 each for large and $0.10 for small, and Petco is at $0.14 each. the ones from Southern Ag are a very good size, where as the large ones from petco are kinda small. Misty will eat not moving food but i can tell she would rather have something that she runs after. anyone feed their beardy Pinky Mice?

Pat B

Super Moderator
you probably dont have this store in your area (less you live near where i do) its called Southern Ag, they have crickets for $0.99 a dozen, Petsmart is my backup cricket store at $0.11 each for large and $0.10 for small, and Petco is at $0.14 each. the ones from Southern Ag are a very good size, where as the large ones from petco are kinda small. Misty will eat not moving food but i can tell she would rather have something that she runs after. anyone feed their beardy Pinky Mice?
There is no way on god's green earth am I ever going to feed my beardie 'pinkies'. To me....it is gross!! :eek:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pinkies are way too fatty to be part of a regular diet, periodic feedings are ok, but they should be few & far between.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
So I went to buy pinkies for the snakes yesterday at the little pet store that hadn't let me down until yesterday :( This woman that worked there told me that I should start feeding pinky's to my beardie. I told her I didn't know if I was ever really going to do that. She said that her's was "SAD" after they took his girlfriend away so she started feeding him pinky mice and he loves them so she feeds him one EVERYDAY!!!! I'm not sure what my face looked like when she told me that but in my mind I thought that was the same as feeding a human a box of fried chicken everyday. Poor baby is going to have a heart attack or stroke. My kids LOVE cupcakes...but they don't get them everyday.

Latest posts