• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

soft non-live food

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
I found some stuff at Petsmart called Nature Zone Bites, its cubed food that is red in color, its a soft food about 1/4in diameter or so. the package says it has vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. anyone use this, and what kind of non-live food do you feed your child?

(also update, just measured Misty and she is 11in, around 6in from head to beginning of tail.)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I often feed moistened RepCal Bearded Dragon Food for the appropriate sized Dragon being fed.

Pat B

Super Moderator
My beardie could careless about food pellets. I have tried a couple of times and he would rather not eat than eat the pellets even though that is all I gave him....picky picky little boy. However....he loves crickets and mealies and once in a while he will eat greens but not very often. :rolleyes:

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
I usually feed my dragons can O grasshoppers,but if you want to feed ur dragon caned food i would just give it to him once a week.

Pat B

Super Moderator
I usually feed my dragons can O grasshoppers,but if you want to feed ur dragon caned food i would just give it to him once a week.
Would you please verify....you feed your dragons 'canned' grasshoppers? If you do....where do you get them at? Tks. That would be a good backup when I run out of crickets....:confused:

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i thought that mealworms was bad to feed them some one clear that up for me

strateshuter

Bearded Dragon Egg
I give Norbert, Nature Zone Bites along with dandelion greens... and he loves them.... he gets "bugs" occasionally... but the bites have all of the "good stuff" in them..

Pat B

Super Moderator
mealworms are not bad, but u do not feed them all the time. they r considered treats.
Welllll....sometimes I don't have a choice about food. Spike will not eat moistened pellets and rarely eats greens. I buy 30 large crickets from Petsmart and 10 of them die in 2 days....that is crap and Petsmart is not close to my house. Mealies keep well in the fridge and he loves them....so what to do? That is why I asked about the 'canned' food. That would be a good alternative.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
4c7bdaa3.gif
but I tried a "Can O' Crickets" once & when the can was opened, the smell almost cleared the house.

i thought that mealworms was bad to feed them some one clear that up for me
This has been discussed several times over the past few months. Here are some of the more recent threads that may help clear things up some for you ...

http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/new-beardie-mommy-3.6047/page-3#post-59606
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/new-beardie-owner.5613/#post-55765
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/mealie-basher-challenge.5230/#axzz1r2zY3JWX

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I tried the canned crickets with both of mine and didn't have any luck with them, lol. Other than the greens, if it didn't move or wiggle then they didn't want it :rolleyes:

Pat B

Super Moderator
I tried the canned crickets with both of mine and didn't have any luck with them, lol. Other than the greens, if it didn't move or wiggle then they didn't want it :rolleyes:
Yep....you are so right. I tried to give my beardie a dead cricket one time....he totally ignored it and wouldn't eat it!!:D

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
a big no no, Norbert needs more insects than canned products like natural zone bites. the canned foods should be fed at maximum twice a week, once a week is better. hope u follow. :oops:

you feed them one at a time, i pinch them and i wiggle them around a they eat them in a heart beat. but bearded dragons have differnt appeites. but i hope ur child loves them Pat B

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Canned insects most definitely would not be considered a must.

Latest posts