• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Slyders new floor

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
YES, YOU CAN ALSO GET A GRINDER BLADE SPECIFICALLY FOR CUTTING CERAMIC TILES AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE. IT MAKES THE JOB REALLY EASY.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I still have plans to build a viv out of an old dresser and have it have a double purpose. It will be my TV on top and my lizard on bottom. He is already taking up space in my living room so why not make that space useful other than housing a dragon. It is just the TV and he is already next to it so I don't think it will bother him but if it does TV will come off the top.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
THATS A GR8 IDEA. MY FIRST VIV WAS BUILD IN A SECTION OF A TV WALL UNIT. WORKS WELL AND LOOKS GR8. THE MOST RECENT ONE USED TO BE A PC STAND.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can't wait to make one. We are moving this weekend so I can finally start working on it...now just to find that dresser.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Glad you're finally moving. Hopefully you've got easier access to rocks end stumps!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No better sticks and rocks but I can start my build now.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
At least you have got a plan of action now. If you need any help,I mean advice, just give a shout.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It does look nice. Fits the tank perfectly too. Love the tile. Every night just before lights out(I sometimes wait until morning. Depending on if I feel lazy the night before) I go in and vacuum the left over salad out. And take a wipe and wipe tiles down. Such an easy clean up. ;)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
vacuum the left over salad out

LOL, thought I was the only one doing it... also vacuum the shed out. Real easy cleanup

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just saw some earlier posts about cutting tile. Lowes and Home Depot will usually cut your tile for you for a small fee or free. Just ask. : )

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they cut some for me but it still did not fit so I returned the uncut ones and bought smaller ones

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
Just saw some earlier posts about cutting tile. Lowes and Home Depot will usually cut your tile for you for a small fee or free. Just ask. : )

Hmm....you must have that "sucker" look going on. They've done it for me on multiple occasions for no cost. :D

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
NOPE.......I have never paid either but there is a sign right by the machine listing how much per tile. Mike and I ended up buying one anyway when he put my kitchen floor in. :p

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
NOPE.......I have never paid either but there is a sign right by the machine listing how much per tile. Mike and I ended up buying one anyway when he put my kitchen floor in. :p

Ah....I just saw the "for free" you mentioned in your previous post. I think the "small fee" was all that registered when I read it earlier. LOL!

I bought an inexpensive tile cutter, too. Does the job, but it isn't fancy by any means.

Latest posts