• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Slyders new floor

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now I just have to make his basking platform. We are moving on Sunday so I can finally get started.
100_1225.jpg

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was thinking about one of those. Will deff have to get one. But it must have that stupid stick somewhere on it. I tried a few things and he just sat on that stick and would not move not even to eat and fat boy loves to eat.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
a cheap textured ceramic tile from Lowes. I think it was $0.85 per tile

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Guess I'm going there lol! Wait, I don't think we have Lowe's in Canada.. HMPH. Guess I'm going to Home Depot.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Home Depot will work. The home depot near me sucks and did not have anything good so I went to Lowes. I looked like a fool walking around touching every tile to see what had texture and what was smooth. Once I found all the textured ones I picked the one I like the look and price of. I think it cost $14 to do 1 tank and $20 to do the other tank.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know how you feel! I went to RONA actually and looked quite silly going around touching EVERY tile in sight. Oh, and I had my family doing the same. LOL! I've been wanting to do tile for a while now. Charlie's tank should be easy, as I just need 3 12" by 12" tiles (until he gets him new tank). The babies' tank might be harder, because I'm not sure if the tile I need comes in 6" by 6"? Since their tank is 18" wide. I'm gona have to do some searching around.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL...my daughter was walking around touching all the tiles too and say....Man too smooth, I like this one!!! She is so cute. I used 6X6 in both my tanks. Attempted getting 12x12 tiles and having 2 tiles cut in half but that did not work so I recommend getting 6x6 unless you have a tile cutter at home. The 6x6 went in and was a perfect fit.

With all this talking we are doing on here we should just switch to FB IM. lol

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hmmmm, maybe I should do 4 12" by 12" tiles, with 8 6" by 6" tiles. Would this look too weird? I'd like to have a few bigger tiles so that in case they may have a more sloppy poo, it wouldn't get in between the cracks of the tiles. What to do, what to do!

staylor said:
With all this talking we are doing on here we should just switch to FB IM. lol

LOL! I guess it would be easier ;D

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
you can always settle for big tiles only and just cut it to size. that way you will have the same type of tile throughout the viv.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I use the bigger tiles cut down to size. Like you said if they have a messy poop it doesn't go between the cracks as much.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking really nice,

I also have big tiles. One row and one row cut in half. Makes for less cracks where poo can get into.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried the big tiles and with the ones I had cut in half still did not fit. I don't have a tile cutter to trim them so I went with the 6x6 to save money. I wanted the big ones so less cracks for poo. bummed it didn't work.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Me too. They don't cost much I think they sell them at Home Depot for $20-$30. I was just inpatient and wanted my tile.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wish I had a tile cutter so I could do that...

My tiles that needed to be downsized was cut with a grinder.....
My Dad was supposed to bring his tile cutter for the job, but forgot it at home LOL So typical of him. But he used my husbands grinder, just go slow, little bit at a time, say 3 times over the tile, not through all at once. No tiles were broken

Latest posts