• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

size of crixs for my baby

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my baby beardy is 6 inch long, he only eats 2 to 4 crixs in the morning and no more till next mroning. normal? the crixs i feed him are about 3/4 inch long some 1/2 inch some about an inch. only ones my pet shop has available.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Someone else with more experience with babies can chime in, but those crickets should be just about the right size (edit: experts say TOO BIG!). Do you offer any other food to your beardie throughout the day? Maybe having some greens in there for him to snack on would help. What happens when you try to give him a second feeding of crickets much later in the day?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
way to big need 1/4 20 to 30 a day mine eat if you feed it that large of crickets it can kill it.

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the only ones i have available are the 1/2 inch ones. pet store said they were fine ause thats all they feed them. but i see what your saying, small would be better

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should not be bigger then the space between their eyes at that size.you can order them online

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also, Joe, you can look into feeding roaches. They're much easier to raise and feed

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
bill and karen, when you say no bigger than the space between thier eyes, do you mean the fatness or width of the cricket to be no bigger than space between eyes or the length of the cricket to be no bigger than space between eyes

Latest posts