• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick baby

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its too hot -- you want temps 105-110--- lower the wattage on the bulb please

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• D7244BB2-320B-4AB5-858E-536E49B870F7.jpeg
    D7244BB2-320B-4AB5-858E-536E49B870F7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg
First he’s probably too cold now he’s too hot. He’s not even gaping. I’m happy he finally ate 2 crickets today. Still waiting on the uvb light. What wattage for a colder temp???

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First he’s probably too cold now he’s too hot. He’s not even gaping. I’m happy he finally ate 2 crickets today. Still waiting on the uvb light. What wattage for a colder temp???
What wattage are you using now? We need to get those temps on par--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What wattage are you using now? We need to get those temps on par--
Never mind the 105 is good and I see hes sitting under it --- keep an eye on it -- you dont need to leave the probe there but I would watch him and the temp the next few days - stick the probe on the side of the tank that will give you the ambient temps

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg
Never mind the 105 is good and I see hes sitting under it --- keep an eye on it -- you dont need to leave the probe there but I would watch him and the temp the next few days - stick the probe on the side of the tank that will give you the ambient temps
Ok I’ll move the probe..He ate 2 crickets today but didn’t seem interested in any more. If he doesn’t eat any more crickets should I syringe the chicken baby food today or not?

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so please NO more meal worms this could be the cause of the bloody stools- meal worms have a exoskeleton on them that is too harsh on babies stomach--- NO more advice from Petco please --- they dont know what they are doing ---- next please get rid of the coil UVB this is also another health hazzard -- please look at Petco I dont know if they carry this in your store if not you will need to order it
24" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651
use the bulb that comes w/ this fixture for NOW when you upgrade which you will in less than a year to a 22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
We need to get this placed and distanced correctly --- so for the 20 gallon screen take it and place 3/4 on the tank at the end place your UVB fixture width wise across take your screen butt it up against the UVB fixture take the basking bulb and place it next to the UVB fixture ---- you want surface basking temps 105-110 take the digital probe thermometer https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-digital-thermometer-for-terrariums Petco carries these you want two of them ----
Let me know when you get this UVB but you must get it ordered or go look for it as soon as you can -- is it warm where you are? 70's ---? If so place him in a plastic tote DO NOT leave him --- in the direct sun for 15-30 minutes -- this is going to give him the UVB he needs till you get the correct UVB ---- make sure you are supervising him NO GLASS containers --- make sure hes hydrated -- drop water on his nose see if he will lick is he drinking from that water bowl? The ceramic heat emitter is good to have but you do not need it unless your ambient temps are dropping below 65 at nite -- 65-75 is the night time temps----- cool side of the tank 80's during the day --- middle of the tank 90's and hot side basking 105-110 air temp 90's ---- you want that spot where he sits for basking 105-110-- that digital probe is going to give you that temp -- we will work on diet next but first we need to get him eating and that is going to be the temps and UVB in your tank
I’m in that’s site for nutri grubs I need the small ones 100 count correct? Also I happen to have chickens and they have a bag of dried Grubblies brand black soldier flies…is that an option or do they have to be live.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m in that’s site for nutri grubs I need the small ones 100 count correct? Also I happen to have chickens and they have a bag of dried Grubblies brand black soldier flies…is that an option or do they have to be live.
Best to feed live and I dont know what they have been eating-- best to stay w/ a reputable breeder that breeds specifically for dragons -- I am sorry what site are you on?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I’ll move the probe..He ate 2 crickets today but didn’t seem interested in any more. If he doesn’t eat any more crickets should I syringe the chicken baby food today or not?
See if he will eat the baby food chicken -- he is eating but his appetite really needs to increase--- he should be eating like 25-30 crickets at one feeding --- make sure your dusting those crickets at ONE feeding w/ calcium D3 lightly coated --- second feed DO NOT dust 5x per week --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding -- the UVB is going to help him absorb / synthesize the calcium hes eating --- make sure your offering salads - he may not eat them that is why I am having you get the nutri grubs --- they are going to be used as salad toppers to lure him to that salad bowl -- https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
He looks like hes basking now --

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg
The one
Best to feed live and I dont know what they have been eating-- best to stay w/ a reputable breeder that breeds specifically for dragons -- I am sorry what site are you on?
You gave me a link to a site are these the right ones? If not let me know which ones in a screen shot.

Attachments

• 940EF518-146A-4F7E-A139-17745E8D00B8.png
    940EF518-146A-4F7E-A139-17745E8D00B8.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The one

You gave me a link to a site are these the right ones? If not let me know which ones in a screen shot.
Go w/ the medium they are small --- and feed only a few at a time like 10 - 15 so he does not gobble them up so fast and they come out undigested from him not chewing them up

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg
Go w/ the medium they are small --- and feed only a few at a time like 10 - 15 so he does not gobble them up so fast and they come out undigested from him not chewing them up
Ok just got them ordered. Do I store them in the fridge to keep them alive? And yes I always have collard or mustard greens dusted with Calcium in his dish even if he’s not interested.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok just got them ordered. Do I store them in the fridge to keep them alive? And yes I always have collard or mustard greens dusted with Calcium in his dish even if he’s not interested.
Best to dust the crickets ---- that way you know hes getting the calcium--- DO NOT dust the nutri grubs -- you can store them in the fridge and what they come in -- if you do you will need to set them out about 1/2 hr prior to feeding so they are moving --- they will go to sleep in the fridge --- they are going to be small rinse them before serving----

Michaela

Bearded Dragon Egg
Best to dust the crickets ---- that way you know hes getting the calcium--- DO NOT dust the nutri grubs -- you can store them in the fridge and what they come in -- if you do you will need to set them out about 1/2 hr prior to feeding so they are moving --- they will go to sleep in the fridge --- they are going to be small rinse them before serving----
Here’s his poo this morning. Is it normal?

Attachments

• 8CC03A09-41A5-4D4B-88F9-45565E9A8A8E.jpeg
    8CC03A09-41A5-4D4B-88F9-45565E9A8A8E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so get a piece of decor place the basking decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches --- watch his behavior and eating --

Latest posts