• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shipping Overseas?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have always wondered how people have gotten dragons from all over the world? Since overnight shipping is pretty much a must for shipping a live animal. Aside from it probably costing a fortune to go through customs what else needs to happen and be done?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alot. You need an import/export license. PITA.
or.............you can just have connections.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol i always wondered because some of these breeders buy from these breeders in germany and italy and i always wondered how the animal survived an extremely long trip

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my family lives just outside Wurtemburg and breed. Some of my breeders came from there. Being military had it's advantages also.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
my family lives just outside Wurtemburg and breed. Some of my breeders came from there. Being military had it's advantages also.
yea from what i understand, anyone in the armed forces can get away with alot more as far as what they can and cannot bring from a country they have gone to

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yup, mine came in with me as "pets" just like some dogs and cats travel with people on planes. About 60.00 to "fly" them, 10.00 to enter the country. I brought one in carrying him in a "fake" gift wrapped box once. That was long before "Homeland Security" tho.

Currently, my cousin works for prisoner transport and travels to Germany about 3 times a year. 8), so, I stay pretty informed about what's going on there.

my family lives just outside Wurtemburg and breed.
now come on ya'll.......................I know i'm in a mood...............but that was funny

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha always good to have those connections gina! now if i could only get some of those in australia

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i jus want it for a barbata they r so beautiful...the only person who bred them in the us disappeared

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if gina knows something it would be nice to be in on it. i love barbatas but am too worried about getting caught to illegally import one

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
if gina knows something it would be nice to be in on it. i love barbatas but am too worried about getting caught to illegally import one
there are legal loopholes brian

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't imply ;D
and probably so. Not pure barbatas, but nice crosses with good DNA matches.

it's only illegal to import it from Australia brian, not other places.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
seeing the pictures of that little girls barbata on the other forum made me so jealous the other day and my drive to find a breeder here just gets worse and worse!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
gene agreed that if i was to get another reptile he would only allow a barbata because of how rare they are over here (and he thinks they are awesome looking too)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you won't find pure blood here. Unless you find a source i haven't. Right now, there are half a dozen being testing genetically. Each with some traits. We're hoping to find a high enough % to at least keep some decent blood line.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm pretty sure she meant Willow. She's just so sweet, and Zookie is so cute.

yup Brian, it's just gonna take time.

Latest posts