• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing dragons

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I know how to sex dragons at a later stage in ther life but you see wesites with the sex of them at a very early age. How do they do this i find it tough to tell when there so small. Can dragons be probed like snakes or not.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ya the works for the older ones but there doesnt seem to be a very noticable difference in the small beardies

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know how to sex dragons at a later stage in ther life but you see wesites with the sex of them at a very early age. How do they do this i find it tough to tell when there so small. Can dragons be probed like snakes or not.

it is a guess I have purchased 5 males from some of the biggest breeders and all ended up being females

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok thats what i was wondering i know ive looked at my juvies and noticed suddle differences but not realy sure guess i was just getting lucky on my calls.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya im not going to attempet probeing i dont even probe my snakes cuz ive never done it. It just shocked me how many sights are selling dragons after a cpl sheds sexed i was just trying to figure out if there was a way to do it or if they where guessing

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I got Yaddle (was Link) when SHE was 3 months old and they told me that she was a male. Then recently I kept trying to see those "bumps" that shows she was a male, but the only bump I seen was the one that shows that she is a she. So after some help from some awsome people it was confirmed. Good thing we weren't too picky about the gender. Well my hubby was wanting a boy though, lol.

J Owens

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Is there any round about age that the 2 bump=male 1bump=female is almost %100? Ive checked both of my 3 month olds and from what i can see they are males.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At 5-6 weeks the method that you are using can be used to determine the sex in adults as well as juveniles. It isn't always easy & can sometimes prove wrong with the younger dragons because it can take longer for hemipenes (in males) to develop making them look like females.

Latest posts