• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptiles you own/your wishlist

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
DragonMom said:
Hey, Francis. Know anything about Ackie Monitors? I am hoping next year to get a couple of Red Ackies, but I have a lot of research to do first. Any info would be appreciated and since they are native to AUS I thought you might have some good info.

I have'nt kept them personaly but i know Tim (The Virus) has them. I have kept small varanids before (varanus gelleni) and I'm pretty sure being an Australian native their care would be quite similar if not the same. What would you like to know Sandie?

Oh, there are three species of ackies by the way varanus acanthurus acanthurus (red), varanus acanthurus brachyurus (yellow) and the non-existent varanus acanthurus insulanicus (black). The ones available there are red or yellow, there is a diffrence in size the yellows tend to be smaller. The reds get up to 30 inches and yellows around the 22 inches mark. You don't have to worry about the black ones as you will never find them, even i can't get my hands on them and I'm in OZ lol.

So any questions I'd be happy to try and help where i can.

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi peeps only a few know me anyway i own.....
1 beardie
and
1 ball python

.... my wishlist
1 pacman frog
1 frilled dragon
another dragon
1 leo gecko.....

but ya know if i could have EVERY reptile in the world (yes even the venomus DEFFINITLY including the komodo dragon) i would ;D

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes i do. we'll talk about that in private tho.

so what morph of bp do you have?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
ooooooooh kewl. 2 kinds...........which one ya like best?

Eastern (Physignathus lesueurii lesueurii) i love how they look, very dinosaur-esque
if i had the money right now id buy 1 or 2 from agamid international they are selling off all of their stock but im about 600 dollars short of their 850 dollar price tag lmao. Alas id need to wait until i move anyways lol.

gippslands are kewl but i dont know something about the grey and black on the eastern is very attractive to me lol.

not to mention i have no idea what their availability is like here in the states. im sure they arent as easy to come by as chinese water dragons.

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
yes i do. we'll talk about that in private tho.

so what morph of bp do you have?

if you mean me!?!? i dont really know...shes just a dull colored female....with a TEENY tiny bit of orangeish brown circles on her...

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
shes just a dull colored female....with a TEENY tiny bit of orangeish brown circles on her...

kewl. i raise bps.

Brian
I love the pics of the gray and blacks i see. Very distinguished looking.

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
shes just a dull colored female....with a TEENY tiny bit of orangeish brown circles on her...

kewl. i raise bps.

Brian
I love the pics of the gray and blacks i see. Very distinguished looking.
oh haha ithought you ment bearded dragon lol :p my ballpython...again dont know but shes beautiful has some dark brown body with light brown/orange lines and spots...very unique

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Resurrecting this as I have crossed one of on my list ;D.
I may be able to cross a couple more off by next year (space and $$$ permitting)

How's everybody else doing with theirs?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Half of mine can never be bought unless I move by you and even then the different licenses and laws would still prohibit some lol. My list is quite boring and hasn't changed

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, I went to get the hedgie, but they were all out. I'm gonna raise a baby marmoset instead ;D

and that's about it this year i think.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
Well, I went to get the hedgie, but they were all out. I'm gonna raise a baby marmoset instead ;D

and that's about it this year i think.

You bought a marmoset????????????

We will have to have pictures. I love those little damn monkeys they are super cute.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow Gina that's awesome!

Now that I think about it, in Sept or Oct I got my baby Aussie Frilled coming in so that can be crossed off the list I guess lol

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Currently own
2 beardies
3 leos

wishlist

1 green Iguana
1 eyelash crested gecko

thats about it!

Latest posts