• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptiles you own/your wishlist

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sounds awesome to me...i still need time to move into a house anyway so waiting will work out in my favor and i def trust the breeding that goes on in your hands

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
will do..........but let's not interupt Brian's post with this. Ya'll can catch me in private if you need.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As for some I'd like to have..............

I've always found chuckwallas interesting
And I've my right arm (not as food) for another monitor
Some more tiger sals..........

and a hedgie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
As for some I'd like to have..............

I've always found chuckwallas interesting
And I've my right arm (not as food) for another monitor
Some more tiger sals..........

and a hedgie

you didnt ever find a hedgie at the raliegh show?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no :( no hedgie at the Raleigh Show. They said maybe in the spring. they're sooooooooooo cute.

Big family.............yup.........that's me.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How are you going with the Levis Gina? Breeding them anytime soon?

Candice I'm suprised you did'nt put your hands up for those ones as well ;).

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
levis? which ones are those again? no doubt im gonna want them anyway since i love all animals jus dont have the room....for now hehe

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
levis? which ones are those again? no doubt im gonna want them anyway since i love all animals jus dont have the room....for now hehe

Their the ones I have ;) (well mine are a sub-species). They don't take up much room at all 2 foot tank is just fine for them. ;D

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nephrurus levis Candice

Francis
When i got my guys, they were just little bitty babies. Growing well, and adult sized now.......but still well under the age i prefer to breed anything. I'd like to just watch them for awhile, see how they cohabitate, any discernable characteristics in behavior and the like before i dive in there. But most likely by 2011. I'm in no hurry.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
Francis
When i got my guys, they were just little bitty babies. Growing well, and adult sized now.......but still well under the age i prefer to breed anything. I'd like to just watch them for awhile, see how they cohabitate, any discernable characteristics in behavior and the like before i dive in there. But most likely by 2011. I'm in no hurry.

Gina
I was given some advice by very experienced breeders in regards to keeping these little guys together. They do not show any agression towards each other however, it is advisable to keep the males seperate. This is done not so much for the whole breeding thing (partly) but because males are generally gluttons when it comes to the food. I was advised that two females are fine and would do better without having the males being in there. There are subtle dominance issues when it comes to food with the males and females will always back down before coming to blows so to speak so you will never see any agression. That's why people think they can live in colonies (well they can really).

If you have the space i would go ahead and isolate the males if you have them together and see if you notice a difference in the condition and general behaviour of the females. The results may suprise you ;).

Cheers,

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I own:
2 Tabby Cats
Bearded Dragon
Satanic Leaf-Tailed Gecko

In the future I see:
Armadillo Lizard
Mossy Leaf-Tailed Gecko
Another bearded dragon
Another Satanic Leaf-Tailed Gecko
Three Toed Box Turtle
Madagascar Day gecko
Red Eyed Crocodile Skink
Corn snake
Shingleback Skink
Panther Chameleon
Crested Gecko
Horned Lizard
Flat Lizard

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
*rubs crystal ball* I see in your future... a larger house ;)
Janie...
*grins*

Way ahead of you!
It's coming next spring/summer :) !!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Francis
thanks for the heads up. I generally keep all males seperate in every species. When i got my first trio, I housed them each individually,but as they got a little older and i had observed them each eat on their own, i did house the females together. Currently I keep the two types seperate, but still house the females together.
Now, with some leopards, a breeding male can occasionally go off food, if he does this for long, it can take an unrecoverable turn. Do you know if these guys also hold that same aspect in their breeding?

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
Now, with some leopards, a breeding male can occasionally go off food, if he does this for long, it can take an unrecoverable turn. Do you know if these guys also hold that same aspect in their breeding?

I don't think so Gina, I have never heard of them going off their food apart from when they are in the "cool down" period. The males may be more pre-occupied with mating after so they may slow down in eating as they may be hormonal and have other things on their mind ;), but not to the point where they will go off their food all together. There's some invaluable info on them in a book that i have recomended on the forum. The author of the knob-tailed section is "THE" gecko guy here in OZ and has been working with them for decades and my male is actually from him.

Latest posts