• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re: Hi new here and asking for help

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
please just ignore my daily updates if they make you crazy hahahahaha

sorry

butternut squash......nope

collard greens...........nope

strawberries..............nope

green pepper............nope

nectarines................nope

snap peas.................nope

maybe Im trying to hard or to much in one day

the squeezed out guts of 2 crickets.........yup..........while he was in the bath again today

AND!!!! thanx to Janie's advise :eek: :eek: 1000 dubia's ordered :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh yea!!! any advise on his home?

daytime

P6290001.jpg

night time

P6290003.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As far as his enclosure goes, night time, you want to get rid of the red light because dragons need complete darkness when they sleep and can still see the red light. If your home drops below 65 degrees at night then may I suggest a ceramic heat emitter that screws in place of the red bulb. Instead of the paper towels you can use tile and its much cheaper than the paper towels and is very easy to maintain as well. What brand of UVB are you using?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very nice setup. I'm agreeing with Candice. The red light does more harm than good. Just like you and me, they need complete darkness to get proper rest.

Don't give up on the salad. Offer a variety daily. They come around and eat it. Not sure if this has been sugested or if you are already doing it, offer the salad in the morning prior to offering proteins. They are hungry, warmed up and ready to eat anything. Just make sure you wait 30 minutes to the lights coming on.

When you say squeezed out crickets, are they in pieces or just in the poop. Sorry, I know this is gross, but we need to make sure the little one is properly digesting.

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I pull its head off and then squeeze out bth ends and he licks from the middle

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You should really let him eat them live... You will end up with a spoiled dragon that has to be hand fed forever.. Just my opinion tho.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure why the crickets are being prepared for your beardie. I think you need to let instinct take its place and let your beardie hunt for food. If he/she is hungry enough, he/she will go after the crickets. If you don't feel like chasing down the crickets, try putting the crickets and your beardie in a container for feeding.

Here are some thoughts:
- feed salad at least 1 hour after the lights are on for the day
- feed crickets 2-3 times a day, no later than 1 hour before lights off for last feeding
- all food should be no larger than the space between your beardie's eyes
- your beardie is young. so between relocation stress and adapting to being alive, you need to give him/her time

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee, I as doing it just to give him something to eat. We got him last weekend, the breeder said he was 3 weeks old but the forum here thinks he is 2 weeks old. He won't eat anything. I was/am just a little freaked out with him being so young and not eating everyday. So I was doing anything and everything I could just to get some nutritian into his body daily.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is scary having one so young and having them not eat....I would be freaked out myself.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
best trick that i always use. buy some nymph dubia roaches and put them in a small shallow plastic tupperware container and leave them in the tank in this small shallow container. your baby will go to them and eat them
once you start seeing them dissapear more and more you will be able to feed regularly.

hand feeding is the biggest mistake you can make cause you will make your dragon lazy and completely dependent on you for feeding.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup ! Totally agree with Brian ! And I knooooooooow you got those roaches ;)
Just keep at it... baby will eat.
Janie.

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just want to thank everyone for all of the help, wisdom and suggestions you gave me to get little Nugget to eat. We got the roaches in and he wasn't interested in them either. Today at around 6:00 little Nugget crossed over the rainbow bridge. I feel so bad for not being able to help him eat and get strong. I feel even worse for my child bringing home a beautiful living thing that was obviously to young and or undernourished to develop with us. I don't know if reptiles are like Sugar Gliders and people on those forums preach and preach about not buying from shows and not buying from breeders you don't know and my own son fed into that, and here we were with an animal we were not educated enough before he came into our home. But once again thank you everyone, especially Janie.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im really sorry for your loss hun...it could have happened to anyone and you little one got the best of care while he was with you and he knows it...now he will b watching over you and your future dragon if you get one...as far as buying from shows and breeders it really depends...some breeders and shows have good babies u just have to ask alot of questions to the breeders

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i am so sorry for your loss. it is ashamed that you were forced to go through this i am sorry.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
awwwwww I'm sorry you lost your newly found friend. But i hope this doesn't discourage you from continuing your research and preparation for a new addition. They can add such life, and comics to any one's home.

Latest posts