• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re: Hi new here and asking for help

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well..........maybe I'm trying to hard or I am just to nervious but he won't touch the crickets. He did eat most of the carrots, about the end of a pencil eraser full. But I just dont know if I should let him acclimate to his new surroundings or keep pushing the food :-\ new mother syndrome!!!!!!

thank you all for all the great help so far!! hope I dont become one of those people ya'all hide from ;D

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
oh an i officially request pictures of the baby ;D

well................here is baby Nugget!!!!!

P6260008.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i hate to be a bearer of bad news but that baby is younger than 3 weeks 2 weeks at best. he will not eat with any consistancy till about a month old. just keep offering as often as you can and he will eat when it suites him. you have a long road to ho here that is a very young baby. soak him daily it is very VERY easy for one that young to dehydrate.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard.
Youve already been given good advise. I offer mine greens right from the egg but I dont see them eat them regularly till about 3 to 4 week. Part of the problem you may be having is stress related. That little pooper went thru alot to get to you. Iffin you need anything just ask
Tom

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure what you mean by thru the night....beardies need lights on for 12-14 hours and lights off 10-12 hours. They need their rest. Salad should be offered daily. Crickets should be offered 2-4 times a day.

Don't mean to inundate you with literature, but here's the link to our basic care sheet. Food is dicussed half way down:
Bearded Dragon Care

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you should feed them 1 hour after your lights turn on and no later than 1 hour before your lights turn off. if you feed them when they do not have the ability to bask (they use the heat to aid in digestion) than the food will sit in their stomach over night possibly rotting and causeing parasitic problems.

on a side note how is the lil baby doing today?

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
please dont think your giving me to much information. I want to learn all I can even if I am doing it ass backwards. I appreciate EVERYTHING everyone is offering, I am researching everything I can. He is doing great today, eating greens....I as making my sugar glider food and he licked the applesauce and liked it is that ok to give him. I een apples on the care sheet but not applesauce. He eats the chicken gerber baby food but still no crickets :( I was thinking of mashing them into a paste with the mini mealies?? I am going to take a pic of his set up and post it to see if I am doing ok there.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
applesauce is fine as long as it is natural applesauce not sugard up preserved crap (ie hippy applesauce ;D dig at janie)
just expect very runny and loose stool (poop) cause apples/applesauce are natural laxatives

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well the first thing is that if you want him to EVER eat live feeders you dont need to be feeding baby food. that is a last resort for a animal being brought back from illness. he is a baby and will eat when he feels the need. they are very "finicky" when that young. lay off the baby food and all other stuff. just soak the baby daily and offer live feeders a couple times a day. he will eat what he wants. that my opinion. as new as he is to you he is probably going through relocation stress on top of being so young and has that to contend with as well.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
have to agree with Brian. Yoyo didn't really start eating until he was about 3 weeks old. now he eats about 80 crix a day plus salad.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll accept that dig...I'm proud of who and what I is ;)
Janie.
You can make your own applesauce too ;)
If interested, pm me for the recipe.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
I'll accept that dig...I'm proud of who and what I is ;)
Janie.
You can make your own applesauce too ;)
If interested, pm me for the recipe.

such a resourceful person lol. knows how to tell me to get rid of icky cold feelings and can make applesauce and own a gagillion reptiles. you want to adopt any children? im up for being adopted even though im 25 lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You already are,Brian ;)
J
I just hope all the advice I give is useful... I think that home made products are just so much better, if only because you make them at home, with natural ingredients, and Love !

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
you guys are awesome!!!!! I am getting so much GREAT information I really think we can do this now!!! He did eat one cricket last night. But now he acts like he is scared of them. When I put him in the little container with a few crickets they swarm all over him. I think they are biting him. He is eating his grens with calcium, and today when he stands he holds his head up high not in a flat stream like he did the first few days.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
try putting less crickets in the bin at a time..sometimes they can get overwhelmed by having so many in there with them

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He ate 2 crickets WHILE HE WAS TAKING HIS BATH......so I guess we are on the right track

Latest posts