• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question please help

MegatronsParents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well we got our dragon today he is about 5 inches total in length. He ate two crickets today and tonight he seemed to like freeze in a weird position and has done it a couple times. He seemed to have like a mini seizure when we put him back in his tank under the light is this normal behavior?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well they will kinda freeze in a stance. Can u be more specific or post a pic.

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If he is having seizures, it is usually a calcium deficiency and he is sick.

MegatronsParents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok well he seems to be doing better today so far...gonna feed him a couple crickets and see how he acts and should i try to get him some vitamins or something

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
You should be dusting his crickets and salads with calcium powder. I use Fluker's Calcium with D3 but there are a lot of good brands. I have been watching this tread in hopes that someone else would answer you two. I don't claim to be an expert. This is just info I got while doing research in preparation of getting our bearded Dragon. But he does need the calcium powder. I give my Beardie Vitamins once per week but calcium dust everything. I don't worry as much about vit supplements because I gut load his crickets and offer him a lot of veggies. (Not that he eats a lot of veggies he is a stinker and prefers bugs.)

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use both calcium and vitamin supplements even thought i gutload my feeders and ofere steady greens. Using calcium with D3 and UVB bulb isn't good. UVB creates D3 and using both can overdose them on it causing kidney failure.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please tell us about your setup and don't give calcium D3 when using a UVB calcium 5 days vitamin 2 is what we do

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been giving Ace Fluker's Calcium with D3. He is Happy and seems well. Do you suggest I switch to a different type of Calcium? If so which is the best? I have heard a lot of conflicting info on the D3 Subject. I have heard from other sources that you cant overdose them on Calcium or D3 but the above post are saying that I can. Let me know. I love this little guy and absolutely want to do whats best for him.