• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question about powdered vitamins

Kevin Coy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 2 Juvies, all of a sudden will not eat crickets that i coat with calcium or multi Vitamin, they had no problem with it for the last 2 months. as an experiment I mixed the powder with some water and sprayed down the crickets and there greens, and they ate it fine. Will mixing the vit's and calcium with water take away from its effectiveness? or will they still get the stuff they need?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it can but most put way to much powder on there crickets they dont need to be ghost white that stuff taste terrible

c0linaf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It probably makes them feel dehydrated or thirsty, and that stuff is dry. So maybe just keep mixing the powder with water or give them plenty of water before and after feeding. (I like to use a dropper and it rolls down their nose and they lick it up)

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
mine do the exact opposite, they wnt eat the crickets unless theyve got powder on them lol

Latest posts