• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question about light placement

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
the first landing seems a bit too low even for a 150 watt heat bulb?? its about 13.5 inches of space from floor to bulb. seems like too much space.. i guess I could lower the bulb in so its around 12 inches away?
i use 125 and 160 watt mvb's and 13 inches is usually perfect for proper basking temp. heat bulbs can be even hotter as they are tight beam and concentrate more heat towards a smaller area.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Best bet is to get a digital temp gage and play with distance till you get the proper temp. Then you will best know where to place it in your Viv.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
talked to a guy at a pet store last night in the reptile dept. Showed him on my phone the picture I have above here. Said best would be heat bulb right under the first landing (at 150 watt.) and then keep using the same round dome I have now instead of the compact style because the light is reflected straight down more with the round dome over the flat compant (since the light is pointed down and not sideways...any truth in this?) Ill put the UVB and heat right beside eachother in the right middle spot of tank, then use a regular full spectrum bulb(s) in the compact lid I got last night for 5 bucks off the internet. so the far left side of enclosure is still lit well.

I have to start cutting holes soon for the top so hope this sounds good haha

Latest posts