• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I have a baby named Astro she’s (I’m not sure if it’s a she yet) approximately 4 /5 months I believe….she’s about 14 inches and a half from head to top of tail
Lately I’ve been noticing her a pop has been coming out very runny and I can still see bits of crickets the smell is not pleasant but it’s not enough to make someone want to vomit either it almost looks like diarrhea…. I’ve attached some pictures. Sometimes she looks bloated too..I feed her twice a day she eats quite a bit in the morning I wait about 45 min- 1 hr to feed her and she’ll eat anywhere between 15-20 medium/ large crickets this is around 6 am and then again around 3 pm.I have her on a 12 hr schedule so she sleeps at 7 and wakes up at 5. He basking spot is at 108 degrees… I give her greens and some veggies but I’m not to sure what’s going on. Can anyone help ?

Attachments

• 3096DA1D-6EA7-486B-B007-0A730FEDFA56.jpeg
    3096DA1D-6EA7-486B-B007-0A730FEDFA56.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 26E19298-986B-4727-9DB0-55AFC43A8A19.jpeg
    26E19298-986B-4727-9DB0-55AFC43A8A19.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! I have a baby named Astro she’s (I’m not sure if it’s a she yet) approximately 4 /5 months I believe….she’s about 14 inches and a half from head to top of tail
Lately I’ve been noticing her a pop has been coming out very runny and I can still see bits of crickets the smell is not pleasant but it’s not enough to make someone want to vomit either it almost looks like diarrhea…. I’ve attached some pictures. Sometimes she looks bloated too..I feed her twice a day she eats quite a bit in the morning I wait about 45 min- 1 hr to feed her and she’ll eat anywhere between 15-20 medium/ large crickets this is around 6 am and then again around 3 pm.I have her on a 12 hr schedule so she sleeps at 7 and wakes up at 5. He basking spot is at 108 degrees… I give her greens and some veggies but I’m not to sure what’s going on. Can anyone help ?
The 108 temps is being take w/ a digital probe thermometer? Stick ons or analog are inaccurate? The temps are crucial for digestion and w/ the bugs coming out undigested its possible the surface basking temps are not hot enough - also its possible parasites - but we need to make sure the temps are on par --- what kind of UVB are you using? Please NO coils --- Lets work on temps and UVB before we move on to the parasite thing

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
The 108 temps is being take w/ a digital probe thermometer? Stick ons or analog are inaccurate? The temps are crucial for digestion and w/ the bugs coming out undigested its possible the surface basking temps are not hot enough - also its possible parasites - but we need to make sure the temps are on par --- what kind of UVB are you using? Please NO coils --- Lets work on temps and UVB before we move on to the parasite thing
Thank you for responding.. temp was taken with a digital probe yes and I have a bar uvb light I can’t show I picture of my set up once I get home

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• 1B5FF5A3-85AA-4BD3-A9A8-A74DA44E05C1.jpeg
    1B5FF5A3-85AA-4BD3-A9A8-A74DA44E05C1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is the UVB bulb? It looks good in the tank - where does he sit for basking under that UVB ? on the hammock or the log ? And for how long is he basking under the basking bulb? If the dragon is over a year old please lower the temp down to 95-100- it could be hes not liking the real hot temp and therefore not sitting under the basking bulb long enough to fully get the digestion digested - next step would be a fecal taken in to get it tested for parasites - No enemas!!

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is the UVB bulb? It looks good in the tank - where does he sit for basking under that UVB ? on the hammock or the log ? And for how long is he basking under the basking bulb? If the dragon is over a year old please lower the temp down to 95-100- it could be hes not liking the real hot temp and therefore not sitting under the basking bulb long enough to fully get the digestion digested - next step would be a fecal taken in to get it tested for parasites - No enemas!!
It’s about 3 months new on the hammock for the most part but lately underneath the hammock and initially for a good amount of time and now it’s like she doesn’t even want to go bask… I took her to the vet yesterday and was given “250 mg of Albon and was told to give her 2 cc 2 times (once every 12 hrs)” and to also collect a sample and take it once I get it. I was getting a little scared bc she wasn’t eating but rn she ate 2 crickets and although that’s not much I’m happy she ate something… is that normal? And also should I be giving her something else I’m making sure she has enough water to keep her hydrated especially since it’s medication but is there anything else I can be giving her ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s about 3 months new on the hammock for the most part but lately underneath the hammock and initially for a good amount of time and now it’s like she doesn’t even want to go bask… I took her to the vet yesterday and was given “250 mg of Albon and was told to give her 2 cc 2 times (once every 12 hrs)” and to also collect a sample and take it once I get it. I was getting a little scared bc she wasn’t eating but rn she ate 2 crickets and although that’s not much I’m happy she ate something… is that normal? And also should I be giving her something else I’m making sure she has enough water to keep her hydrated especially since it’s medication but is there anything else I can be giving her ?
Until that fecal comes back do not give her the medication -- Albon is very harsh and it may do more harm than good --- you dont want to make things worse and the vet should know NOT to give a medication unless it is needed-- I am flagging Tracie on this shes a vet tech on here --- in the mean time I would get the fecal in and see if she has parasites -- I am posting a website for finding reptile vets - if your in a area / small town type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you you www.arav.org
What brand of basking bulb are you using?
@Drache613

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Until that fecal comes back do not give her the medication -- Albon is very harsh and it may do more harm than good --- you dont want to make things worse and the vet should know NOT to give a medication unless it is needed-- I am flagging Tracie on this shes a vet tech on here --- in the mean time I would get the fecal in and see if she has parasites -- I am posting a website for finding reptile vets - if your in a area / small town type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you you www.arav.org
@Drache613
Thank you so much and I’m using a trive 110 VV
@Drache613
okay okay I gave it to her yesterday but I won’t give it today and thank you so much !!! And I’m using the thrive 100w 110vv bulb

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Is the thrive bulb, a mercury vapor bulb (heat + UVB all in one bulb)? You mentioned you have a tube UVB
also, we just need the brand so we can be sure it's a good one with strong enough output.
How late are you feeding her? We recommend feeding no later than a couple of hours before the lights go
out so she can digest.
How much vegetation does she eat?
You were given 250MG of Albon, did the vet dose her according to her weight at all? I wouldn't give that
because it doesn't sound like it's dosed for her weight. Plus, as Karrie stated, Albon is very harsh & if there
haven't been a fecal done to determine what could be going on, this isn't justified. Albon can have serious
side effect, especially if it isn't dosed properly.

Tracie

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for responding ! And the thrive bulb is just a basking bulb.. as for the UVB tube it’s the zoomed reptisun 10.0 uvb and I feed her twice only :/ I have two jobs so I feed her as follows. Her lights turn on at 5 am and I feed her at 5:45/6am and then again at 2:30/3:00 pm and her lights go off at 7pm . I offer vegetables in the morning but she sometimes won’t eat them… she’ll eat the crickets and then later when I get home if she didn’t eat any veggies I offer fresh ones again and she’ll usually have some and then wait for crickets again. She eats her vegetables well she prefers Aragua and yellow squash but won’t have much of anything else but I still offer them. She weighs 7 oz according to what I was told and I stopped giving it to her the next day she only had two doses of it which was when I was given the medication but I didn’t offer it the next day and haven’t given it to her .. I noticed she had no appetite at all but today she finally ate a bit more than she’s been eating didn’t touch any of her veggies this morning but ate a couple crickets

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Is the thrive bulb, a mercury vapor bulb (heat + UVB all in one bulb)? You mentioned you have a tube UVB
also, we just need the brand so we can be sure it's a good one with strong enough output.
How late are you feeding her? We recommend feeding no later than a couple of hours before the lights go
out so she can digest.
How much vegetation does she eat?
You were given 250MG of Albon, did the vet dose her according to her weight at all? I wouldn't give that
because it doesn't sound like it's dosed for her weight. Plus, as Karrie stated, Albon is very harsh & if there
haven't been a fecal done to determine what could be going on, this isn't justified. Albon can have serious
side effect, especially if it isn't dosed properly.

Tracie
Thank you for responding ! And the thrive bulb is just a basking bulb.. as for the UVB tube it’s the zoomed reptisun 10.0 uvb and I feed her twice only :/ I have two jobs so I feed her as follows. Her lights turn on at 5 am and I feed her at 5:45/6am and then again at 2:30/3:00 pm and her lights go off at 7pm . I offer vegetables in the morning but she sometimes won’t eat them… she’ll eat the crickets and then later when I get home if she didn’t eat any veggies I offer fresh ones again and she’ll usually have some and then wait for crickets again. She eats her vegetables well she prefers Aragua and yellow squash but won’t have much of anything else but I still offer them. She weighs 7 oz according to what I was told and I stopped giving it to her the next day she only had two doses of it which was when I was given the medication but I didn’t offer it the next day and haven’t given it to her .. I noticed she had no appetite at all but today she finally ate a bit more than she’s been eating didn’t touch any of her veggies this morning but ate a couple crickets

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

okay okay I gave it to her yesterday but I won’t give it today and thank you so much !!! And I’m using the thrive 100w 110vv bulb
Ok I am not hot on thrive lighting but as long as it's a clear solid bright white bulb you should be okay- it's the daytime bulbs off white and yellowish bulbs along w/ colored you want to stay away from-
Are your lights on consistently or off at what time turning on again at 2 30?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Ok I am not hot on thrive lighting but as long as it's a clear solid bright white bulb you should be okay- it's the daytime bulbs off white and yellowish bulbs along w/ colored you want to stay away from-
Are your lights on consistently or off at what time turning on again at 2 30

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg

Are your lights on consistently or off at what time turning on again at 2 30?
Is there a brand of bulb you recommend? & They are on from 5 am - 7 pm

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is there a brand of bulb you recommend? & They are on from 5 am - 7 pm
Some are Flukers basking bulb --- found on www.petmountain.com -- Exo Terra basking bulbs they are spendy from Pet Smart ---- or Arcadia Halogen ---- if your Thrive is doing its job you can stick w/ it --- basking times are good --

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
I have a similar poop problem with my beardie.
Did you get yours sort out?
Yes took a stool sample to the vet and it came back negative for parasites. So I adjusted to basking site and made sure I was monitoring her diet :) and it was all good after

Jackie_NYC

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes took a stool sample to the vet and it came back negative for parasites. So I adjusted to basking site and made sure I was monitoring her diet :) and it was all good after
Got you. I changed basking spot from hammock to brick. Basking around 99-105. It was better couple times but it comes back for this type if poop again. It's been over 2 months already. I came to conclusion that's the way she is(

Latest posts