• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pete's place - does this look ok??

csjstokes

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all of your knowledge and patience and understanding. I just want to make Pete as happy as he can be and I am thankful to have all of you to help make it happen without making me feel silly for asking all these crazy questions!

I have the one probe right on his log/hammock and I will get another probe to put in his cooling area. I am also going to now order my reptisun 10.0 tube and the terrarium hood that goes with it to span the length of his tank. I hope this will settle all of my lighting and heating issues once and for all.

Hope everyone has a good night
Stephanie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You do not need to buy the expensive reptile fluorescent light fixture. You can get one from home depot or walmart for half the cost and it will fit your ReptiSun tube just fine.

Keep asking questions...you cant learn if you dont ask. I know I have asked WAAAAAAAAAY more questions then you have. I still ask for advise on things. That is why we are here...to learn and bounce ideas off each other.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi

when I measure the temp in the basking area by putting the probe on my highest point - it is the log in the picture that is directly under the basking light. Is this where I should be measuring the temp from?

Yes it is supposed to be measured ON the basking spot. If this log is where Pete tends to sit the most when basking then measure the temps there. If he basks on the hammock, measure that area. It is so he gets the right temps where he likes to spend his basking time.

You are right the temps on the basking spot will read higher than the gauges at the back

Latest posts