• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outside viv time, how much is OK?

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My 14 mo. old gets 3-4 hours per day out of viv time. Most of it is in the house; an hour of it is outside time in the garden or on the deck. I'm in Northern VA (US). We're in high summer, outside temp are in the upper 90s (late May - early September); but can go up or down 10 degrees from time-to-time. House temps run about 75F yr. round. Once in a while he sleeps outside his viv too, either in his own cat bed in the window or snuggled up on me for a few hours.

So, is 3-4 hrs. outside play time OK?......sometime it can be more, depending (on season, on if he's been fed, on if he's got good color, etc).

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that's great for him to be able to get that kind of exercise and move around we have some that will stay out all day

shaz179

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wish mine could stay outside that long..... here in England its a bit wet most of the time. Gets time out running around the living room, but i think he gets cold so slows down then i put him back in his home to warm up

Latest posts