• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ordering Crickets Online

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To be quite truthful, I don't think it matters a whole hell of a lot ... You want something that is high in protein. I have understood the exact opposite of what you said. Because Cats apparently don't manufacture their own Vit A, Cat food is generally much higher in Vit A than Dog food. Seeing as BDs should not be fed foods that are high in Vit A, for fear of Vit A Toxicity, it stands to reason that it would be better to feed Dog Food than Cat Food. Any of the other foods you mentioned along with Fish Flakes, work too. Now this is what I have been told, I haven't researched this myself. Personally, I don't feed any of those to my feeders, I do feed Dog food to my breeding colony of roaches, but keep my feeders in separate smaller container & Gutload them properly in there, prior to feeding them to the Dragons.

Latest posts