• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One thing that really pisses you off when you see someone do it...

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So the title says it all, name one thing that pisses you off to no end when you see someone carelss enough to do it.

I will start. I utterly hate when inconsiderate pukes choose to park their lazy rearends in a handicap parking spot. I have gotten in many a argument with a**holes that park in handicap parking when they do not rate it. Something in me just snaps, all I can see is some disabled elderly man or woman having to park out by the road cause some spoiled teenager has no consideration for the consequences of their actions.

So whats yours???

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brian, you don't want me to post here lol I will be writing over 4 pages on things. I will keep it simple though. It really pisses me off when I see a person mistreating an animal of any kind. I feel like taking them and locking them in a cage with food and water when I feel like doing it.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
what makes me mad is when i see people yell at or hit their kids.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My tiny town has a crappy law that gives pedestrians the right a way on roads. Meaning they legally can walk out in front of you and if you hit them, you are in the wrong. Stupids fools will walk out in the roadway between parked cars and you (the driver has to brake fast or get cited for hitting someone). So if I drive down main street, I have to go about 5-10 miles an hour, in case, a fool walks out in front of me. We only have a couple of crosswalks but I never see people use them. :mad:

crypticdragons said:
I will start. I utterly hate when inconsiderate pukes choose to park their lazy rearends in a handicap parking spot. I have gotten in many a argument with a**holes that park in handicap parking when they do not rate it. Something in me just snaps, all I can see is some disabled elderly man or woman having to park out by the road cause some spoiled teenager has no consideration for the consequences of their actions.

I agree with this as my husband has a hanicapped parking permit and 90% of the time there is no vacant spots and my husband cannot walk far.

clh321 said:
what makes me mad is when i see people yell at or hit their kids.
That's illegal in our state.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I agree about the handicap parking places. One of my biggest pet peves is...the way epople act at car shows and cruise ins. The cars are on display,not for everyone to finger one and lean on.I guess I'll have to put up with it if I want to go to cruise in,but to me it's a matter of respect. If someone has put the time and effort not to mention money into building a car,it's their property to show or even park in a parking lot. HANDS OFF.TO me it would be like walking into someones house and finger dusting to see how clean it is or just walking up to someone's house and opening the door to look inside becase I like the way the outside of the house looks.Sorry to ramble.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
other then the ones mentioned...

I hate when people get animals just to put them outside and/or turn them into the pound b/c they don't want them anymore.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The handicap parking is definitely one of mine as well. To be honest, with my issues, I could easily get one of those things to hang from my mirror. It really does hurt me to walk a great distance....but that's just it. I can STILL walk! Until the day I can't, I will continue to use normal parking. There are others out there worse than I that NEED that space. I get so irked when I see somebody park in one, get out of their vehicle (and only be 20 years old, mind you), then RUN into the store. They're only abusing the system by using Grandma's car....and getting away with it. I pulled a mall security guard over in his vehicle and told him about it, once. He literally said there was nothing he could do. The police get all up in arms over them trying to control it, stating it should be something "policed", not a mall security issue. I guess I can see the point, but the problem lies in the fact that even the police don't do anything about it. They have more important things to do. And I can understand that as well. So why not turn it over to Mall security? Vicious circle....and those that abuse it, know it!

Okay....now that my adrenaline's pumping. It's time to walk away and go feed the animals! LOL!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh Sandra....please don't feel as if I were directing any of that to you. I really do believe Phil needs those spaces. He's one of them I would consider worse off than I. It's just a personal goals of mine.....not to give in 'til I literally can't walk.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
Oh Sandra....please don't feel as if I were directing any of that to you. I really do believe Phil needs those spaces. He's one of them I would consider worse off than I. It's just a personal goals of mine.....not to give in 'til I literally can't walk.

I didn't think you were directing your post at me. I know Phil needs to use those spots. He can walk but only short distances. Sometimes we park closer to the door in a reg parking spot then we use those instead. HPP are not always closer.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Geez, there are so many things . . . . .

But have to go with handicapped parking too. I usually leave a note on the persons window saying

"Hallelujah, youve been cured. Its a miracle, youll be able to use normal parkings from now on"

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Geez, there are so many things . . . . .

But have to go with handicapped parking too. I usually leave a note on the persons window saying

"Hallelujah, youve been cured. Its a miracle, youll be able to use normal parkings from now on"

I think I am going to do this from now on

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pscaulkins said:
Sometimes we park closer to the door in a reg parking spot then we use those instead. HPP are not always closer.

Yeah....what's up with that? ???

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it is because by law they do not have to be closer to the door, they just have to provide larger spaces that allow for more room for wheel chairs and other equipment that a person may need. It is a common practice to put these next to the door but that is not always the case. I asked this question when I was traveling to these small town courthouses in NC and saw how poor their handicap amenities where. Stalls that were not bigger, just had rails in the stalls, parking around the back of the building not next to the front door, and the steepest ramps I have ever seen. I was told, the amenities are here, there were no specifications of how it had to be done.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
it is because by law they do not have to be closer to the door, they just have to provide larger spaces that allow for more room for wheel chairs and other equipment that a person may need. It is a common practice to put these next to the door but that is not always the case. I asked this question when I was traveling to these small town courthouses in NC and saw how poor their handicap amenities where. Stalls that were not bigger, just had rails in the stalls, parking around the back of the building not next to the front door, and the steepest ramps I have ever seen. I was told, the amenities are here, there were no specifications of how it had to be done.

*turns on smart alec tone* Wow.....so much compassion for those that need it. ::) *turns it off*

Thanks for the info, Sandra. Learned something new already today. I guess I can go back home, now. ;D

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
One thing that really gets me is when I am standing in line and I am next and a man (usually it is an elderly man) will step in front of me and put his money down so he can be next. I think that a man who does that is really the lowest of the lowest.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Something else that makes my blood pressure rise....

When at a four-way stop and somebody in a vehicle directly behind the one who's turn it is to go decides they're going to "piggy-back" on the one entering the intersection. Thereby, stealing somebody's turn and increasing the chance of an accident. I see this more and more all the time.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and then I am the @$$ hole holding down the horn and flipping them off so I can laugh when they jump.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I work at Subway so I see a few things everyday that really make me mad.

1. Cell phones. Well the idiots that can't unglue the darn thing from thier ear just for a few minutes to order thier food.
2. No manners. When I say "Have a nice day" The polite response is "Thanks, you too." Right?? And people not saying please and thank you that really gets to me.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Alright not s much some one else doing it but here are my top pet peeves.

1) Anti war protesters wearing Che Guevarra T-shirts (I'm not pro war by any means). Usually worn by people that have no concept of history but follow all the hype. Ohh the irony lol.

* short story insert
A few years ago while I was at Uni a anti-war protester came up to me and urged me to "join" the war protest that afternoon (by all means a noble cause). First mistake he made though, It was 8:00am I was trying to enjoy my coffee and cigarette before an early lecture (early for me back them lol). Second mistake he was wearing a Che Guevarra T-shirt. I politely said no thanks to his offer. Well he insisited to the point that he was insunuating that i was un-caring. To which I retorted by comenting on his T-shirt first as being the image of Che Guevarra. Followed by the question of, "what's the difference between a terorrist and a revolutionary?". To which he was offended as I was comaparing Che to a terrorist. My answer was the only difference between a terrorist and a revolutionary is the fact that a revolutionary won against the government they where trying to over tthroe hence a "revolution". I also pointed out to him the Che was a war monger and in carge of death squads in his time. He left me alone after that lol.

2) Anti globalisation protesters that spread the word through myspace, facebook or by mobile phone spams. Clearly they are missing the point of anti-globalisation lol.. Ohh the irony.

3) Anti globalisation protesters that go to the protest wearing their nikes, fubus, echos (insert all other global company brands) again Ohh the irony.

4) People in front of me in a fast food line who after 20 minutes staring at the miniscule menu selection overhead finally get to the counter and then go "Ummmmm" and proceed to take another five minutes making up their minds. Arhhhhhhh........ I should be legally allowed to smack them upside the head for that.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
One thing that really pisses me off. I live near the Interstate. There is a Highway exit off of it. People stop...right on the Interstate to wait for someone to let them over to that exit. We all are driving 60 mph and somebody stops in the middle of the freeway because they can't get over. There's a reason that is illegal, its flippin dangerous.

Latest posts