• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie advice on amount of food to feed my new year and a half old Iggy?

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys I was wondering what the general rule of thumb is for the amount of food to feed Iggy. I have crickets and meal worms but not sure how many times he needs to be fed and how much of each. Thanks guys for
Your help.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
as much as he can eat in a 10 to 15 min time then remove bugs offer greens also

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
And is that just once a day? Also what about the greens? How often do i offer them? Thanks for your advice.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes bugs Once a day I do greens first thing in the morning then bugs at noon

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
And how long would you leave your greens in for? I've also heard about calcium powder to put on the crickets how often do I need to do this, and is this called gut something?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
a
And how long would you leave your greens in for? I've also heard about calcium powder to put on the crickets how often do I need to do this, and is this called gut something?
leave greens all day.....first we need to know what kind of lighting you have that will tell us what calcium you need ...we dust our bugs that we are going to feed with calcium 5 times a week and vitamins 2 times

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
gut loading is some thing you feed your bugs to make them more nourishing for your dragons

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Do the greens need replaced at any time of the day or can they be left in untill I go to bed? How is the dusting achieved? I will repost the actual uv lighting and heat source that I have you also mentioned vitamins? Sorry about all the questions I keen to know how to make sure I do things right.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Questions are good keep them coming I dust in a bucket we put the bugs in and add the powder ank kind of shake it then pick them out ...leave greens in till lights out.

Latest posts