• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to this n need advice on my baby beardie..

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i have 2 baby beardies, about a week age difference..
we got our first beardie (spyro)
and then about a week later we decided to get a 2nd beardie (zuko)
they both seem to be fine together, sitting with each other etc...
but zuko just doesnt eat a great deal, the most he has eaten is 2 worms and 2 wax worms in 1 day, also...he doesnt seem to like crickets! i may have to get some protien pellets..and also latley, all zuko seems to do is hide out in the shelter we bought them, he sometimes stays in there all day, i get him out and he is freezing!! is there somethink im not doing right or is there somethink wrong with my baby beardie?...thanks in advance for ur replies :)

GemmyLou

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Kaaaay.. they do like to hide.. Lol
iv never heard of a beardie not liking crickets..but zuko may be a acception Lmao!
Try locusts.. Thats wha i wanna try!
xx

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeh but hes constantly hiding! n hes realllly cold wen we get him out!!...he was realllyy light earlier n hes got orange in his colouring, like, more than spyro!!xx

GemmyLou

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Aint had much prob wi ours hidin alot.. um try taking out the hid or moving it! Aw awesomeeee
xx

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Are they in the same enclosure? Sometimes when 2 beardies are stuck together, one of them (usually the older one) becomes dominant and intimidates the other. This causes one beardie to have all of the food, and the other to have whatever's left. Usually, the intimidation causes a loss of appetite as well, which could be why he's not eating. Also, the dominant one will get to have the best basking spot, and the other to have a different one, or even have to hide all day. And even if they are in different enclosures, but can see each other, this could happen. It would make sense that Spyro is the dominant one because you've had him longer and he's older, so he may not want another beardie in his territory. Especially if it's another male.

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hey, thanx for ur comment, with the whole hiding thing, do u think it would be wise to take the hiding thing out? n i think in the next couple months i may seperate them..zuko loves wax worms but obviously there only a treat, but they seem to have put some fat on him!
but hes not eating crickets, my friend has told me to use locusts, have u used these b4 kris?

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If I were you, I would seperate them as soon as possible. If one of them is not eating and is constantly hiding, your beardie will become unhealthy very fast. The hide is not the problem here, so I would not worry too much about that. I've never tried locusts before because they're unavailable here in Washington. I would if I could, but I can't.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try Dubia are you feeding greens at all what kind of light do you have?

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
whats dubia?, we are currently bidding on another tank on ebay...o think the baskin light we have is 100watt..

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Dubia are these roaches that are really good for beardies. A lot of people, including myself, breed them and they are much better than crickets. They come in all sorts of sizes so it doesn't matter how big your beardie is.
Do you have uva/uvb lighting?

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oohh well hopefuly my local pet store can get them from his supliers!!
n yes we do :) can u give me your advice on my (domination!!) post plz, i apreciate all your help :)

Latest posts