• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to here and the Bearded Dragon...

Pancake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey there!

I am totally new to the Lizard and Bearded Dragon thing. My hubby brought one home this weekend, he has had them before, but now, I need to learn...and apparently, quickly! ;D

The one that we got is a year and 4 months old. (it) is about a foot long and very docile. I call it pancake because its belly is so flat... lol!

Anyways, I read today on how to sex them, so that is first when I get home so I can quit calling Pancake an it.

We have a heat lamp, but it was turned off last night and today...room temp is about 20C... but I was worried about a fire from it? Should I be? I just learned they need 12-15 hours of heat on per day, so it will be going on again.

Pancake has about a 90gallon aquarium, with a bark mulch for footing... a piece of wood to sit on close to the light, crickets, water and salad...

Anyways, I am going to cruise the forums, see what I can power learn and change for tonight...get him a uvb light on the way home... and ask LOTS of questions!!!!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I am also new to this forum, but not to beardies. Look around and take a look around. If you have any questions, just ask.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !
welcome to the friendliest little reptile corner on the net... Oddest too, but definitely friendliest !
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your baby.

I have heard of fires in the viv, but it is rare. If you have good equipment and nothing rests on the bulb, you should be fine.

Here's a link to our caresheet. It goes over the basics (temps, lighting, food, housing). Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions.
Bearded Dragon Care

Pancake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks all...

I have printed out TONS of reading material for tonight... I have posted on the diet and habitat forum to make sure we are not doing something completely wrong... and a few questions on what to pick up on the way home tonight!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !
welcome to the friendliest little reptile corner on the net... Oddest too, but definitely friendliest !
Janie

Yes this is a very friendly corner of the net and as for Odd...I have a few people in particular that come to mind... ::)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
zebraflavencs said:
HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !
Janie

Yes this is a very friendly corner of the net and as for Odd...I have a few people in particular that come to mind... ::)

I know! Janie and Gina are SO weird! LOL!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Right.....I think you forgot one. He is kind of new to the forum. He has keeps his beardies and iguana in mansions. Do you know who I am talking about?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
Right.....I think you forgot one. He is kind of new to the forum. He has keeps his beardies and iguana in mansions. Do you know who I am talking about?

Nobody comes to mind. ;D

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
welcome to the mad house lol, as said by everyone dont be affraid to ask questions no matter how stupid you may think they are we are all here to help and will do to the best of our knowledge.
pics of the new little fella please

paul

Pancake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will get some pics and post them. Her head is a yellowish orange colour and her back is a little browner... be interesting to see if her colours get more vibrant

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
staylor said:

Nobody comes to mind. ;D

Thats too bad. Keep an eye out for him...I think he is one of the craziest on here ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
Craiger said:
staylor said:

Nobody comes to mind. ;D

Thats too bad. Keep an eye out for him...I think he is one of the craziest on here ;D

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled....and if they get tired, I've got some Scotch tape to keep them open. :D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah.... I'm thinking with those heavy eyes.. you may need something a tad bit more.... supportive... Like for instance... some upholstery needles ?
Hope that helps !
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Ah.... I'm thinking with those heavy eyes.. you may need something a tad bit more.... supportive... Like for instance... some upholstery needles ?
Hope that helps !
Janie

Upholstery needles....can't say I know what they look like. What about knitting needles?

Latest posts