• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New tank hard to get basking temp

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He was just eating like 2 roaches a day I read there suppose to eat way more we had him for 2 weeks
At least hes eating something please offer him salads and I would get him some BSFL feed only like 20 or so at a time if he really likes them he will eat them very fast and they will come out undigested - hes still adjusting getting the tank cut into 1/3rds or so will help him adjust faster - he is really tiny and yes when hes adjusted he should be eating 10-15 roaches at a time and being fed 2 - 3 times per day - salads only once for now his main diet is protein - feeding him BSFL and salads is a good variety for him - small super worms 1-3 added to the tops of his salads every other day as well those are a treat worm --

tails21

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today i will stop and try superworms and BSFL once I get out of work. It worried me at first but when i researched they can go days without eating and be fine. I still offer him insects eats one or two and after that is not interested anymore.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today i will stop and try superworms and BSFL once I get out of work. It worried me at first but when i researched they can go days without eating and be fine. I still offer him insects eats one or two and after that is not interested anymore.
When they are little they can go down hill very quickly - I am glad he's eating something - how is he getting water?

tails21

Bearded Dragon Egg
I used a dropper to drop some water which he will drink. I spray his greens but he doesn't want to eat them. I leave a water bowl in there just in case he wants to drink some.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used a dropper to drop some water which he will drink. I spray his greens but he doesn't want to eat them. I leave a water bowl in there just in case he wants to drink some.
Most do not drink from water bowls - spraying the greens is good but he needs to eat some -the BSFL are going to attract him to the salad bowl - drop them in front of him -- the dropper is good too

tails21

Bearded Dragon Egg
Most do not drink from water bowls - spraying the greens is good but he needs to eat some -the BSFL are going to attract him to the salad bowl - drop them in front of him -- the dropper is good too
I soak him in water he drinks quite a bit my pet store didn’t have super worms or BSFL I ordered some online hope he likes them