• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pat B

Super Moderator
The fact that they don't use the hide 'Little House' a lot or at all, is a good thing ;). Means that it is comfortable & secure, doesn't need to hide.
So can I take his 1/2 log house that he NEVER uses?? It is a waste of space. Thanks. Does Spike need a house of some other kind? and BTW....he tail looks like Dinahs....finally healed and looking good....:D

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So can I take his 1/2 log house that he NEVER uses?? It is a waste of space. Thanks. Does Spike need a house of some other kind? and BTW....he tail looks like Dinahs....finally healed and looking good....:D
your BDs dont need hides, some adults use them which is ok. but young BDs need all the heat and light they can get so hides are bad in some cases if they spend to much time in them

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
its a Zilla desert 50 bulb(so i assume its a 50 watt bulb)
The '50' is just an altogether different method of measuring UVB than most, that Zilla uses to confuse people & make it sound more powerful. The '50' means 50 Microwatts of UVB @ 12" rather than a percentage of the light, like other common UVB manufacturers use. The Wattage of the Bulb depends entirely on the size or length of the bulb purchased. ThDude - Yours is not a 50W, I can almost guarantee you that, unless it is something like an 8' tube ;).

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you folks would like to understand the technical mumbo jumbo a little better, I suggest that you thoroughly check out http://uvguide.co.uk/, the site hasn't been updated in some time the last time I looked & is in the process of a major upgrade, but the basic info is still there in understanding UVB better.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The '50' is just an altogether different method of measuring UVB than most, that Zilla uses to confuse people & make it sound more powerful. The '50' means 50 Microwatts of UVB rather than a percentage of the light, like other common UVB manufacturers use. The Wttage of the Bulb depends entirely on the size or length of the bulb purchased. ThDude - Yours is not a 50W, I can almost guarantee you that, unless it is something like an 8' tube ;).
darn Zilla, i hate their products anyway. well now i have no idea how many watts my bulb is, though its a 20 inch long bulb so i assume its a ok amount.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have one of some kind or another in all of my enclosures, they rarely ever use them, but is there when they feel the need. Again, the fact that it doesn't use it is a good thing, but there may come a time when it may want to & that is not necessarily a bad thing. They do have their purpose of providing a secure, shade area, if & when required. Many BDs will choose to Brumate in them when the time comes. You could remove it, but if you are looking for my opinion, I would leave it in. ThDude has a valid point about a newly acquired BD hiding all the time & not getting the heat & UVB required, I have been in that scenario & did remove it, but put it back once it settled in.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
darn Zilla, i hate their products anyway. well now i have no idea how many watts my bulb is, though its a 20 inch long bulb so i assume its a ok amount.
You should be good ;). Ditto on the 'Zilla' thing though. I would guess that it is between an 18-20W bulb.