• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jenni

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Everyone!
I'm Jenni, I am here because I want to know as much as I can about my dragon. This is my second one and the smallest. My last Beardie was Charlie and I had him for 6 years. My new Beardie is Frankie and I want to make sure to give it the best care. i have not been able to get it to eat any fruits or veggies, only crickets, same with my last Beardie. How do you get them to eat more then live food?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcometoBDF2.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard Jenni! Juveniles will eat more crickets usually than greens but you can make the greens available and slowly ween your dragon onto them

Jenni

Hatchling Dragon
Welcome aboard Jenni! Juveniles will eat more crickets usually than greens but you can make the greens available and slowly ween your dragon onto them
How do you keep the veggies from shriveling? I have been keeping Collard greens, strawberries and carrots in the tank, but it goes no where near it, so it all shrivels. :eek:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do you keep the veggies from shriveling? I have been keeping Collard greens, strawberries and carrots in the tank, but it goes no where near it, so it all shrivels. :eek:
They will keep a little longer if you mist them periodically throughout the day. It is not uncommon for a young BD to not take to it's veggies for the first while, it takes some months.

Jenni

Hatchling Dragon
They will keep a little longer if you mist them periodically throughout the day. It is not uncommon for a young BD to not take to it's veggies for the first while, it takes some months.
Ok I will do that. I was thinking of buying crickets in bulk, do you think this is a good idea or just keep going and getting more? If you say bulk, where is a good place to get them?

Jenni

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I will do that. I was thinking of buying crickets in bulk, do you think this is a good idea or just keep going and getting more? If you say bulk, where is a good place to get them?
My beardie is 2 months old, by the way

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can buy online but I wouldn't get more than 500 at a time for a BD that small or they will outgrow the BD before you can feed them off. Not knowing what part of the world you are in makes it difficult to suggest anyplace. If you are in the US, if you check the Classifieds on the forum there are a number of ads for feeders. I don't feed crix & I live in Canada.

Jenni

Hatchling Dragon
You can buy online but I wouldn't get more than 500 at a time for a BD that small or they will outgrow the BD before you can feed them off. Not knowing what part of the world you are in makes it difficult to suggest anyplace. If you are in the US, if you check the Classifieds on the forum there are a number of ads for feeders. I don't feed crix & I live in Canada.
I guess I should get my profile in check lol I am in the US, I will check out the classifieds. Thanks for your help! ;)

Pat B

Super Moderator
I clicked on your link to see live streaming of your beardies and it locked up my laptop. I had to do a cold hard shutdown....:eek:

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Awww what a cutie!!!! Hi George, nice to meet you and thank you for the welcome. How old is your beardie?
Thanks ;), he is about 5 months old, so no idea of sex, I do think he is a she but their is no definite and what does it matter really, he's smexy. What is the name and age of your Beardie? :)

Jenni

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks ;), he is about 5 months old, so no idea of sex, I do think he is a she but their is no definite and what does it matter really, he's smexy. What is the name and age of your Beardie? :)
My dragon is Frankie, figured a neutral name since I have no idea about the sex. Smexy...nice! lol Frankie is 2 months old and crazy!!!

Latest posts