• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here

Echo14

Bearded Dragon Egg
The window is good for entertainment - not good for uvb- the glass filters out the uvb rays- so this is what I recommend - what brand are you using? Is it a reptisun brand? If so exchange the 13 watt for a 26 watt reptisun - have it in a reflective dome it will be shiny on the inside- have it unobstructed directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches- this bulb needs to be replaced every 5 months- I do not recommend coils but it's way better than the 13 watt you have - it's a death bulb-- then you can also take him outside for good uvb- direct sunlight on you for 15-30 minutes per day- if you use a container it needs to be a plastic tote- No glass---do not leave him you need to supervise him from birds - you can do this as a good supplement to the 26 watt- if you continue to use the 13 watt your dragon will quit eating and he will start developing mbd-+ dragons need uvb for overall health issues from skin to internal I cannot stress this enough
So, change it to a 26 watt. Got it! thank you! and yes it is a reptile one and get a different heating light?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, change it to a 26 watt. Got it! thank you! and yes it is a reptile one and get a different heating light?
No reptile one for uvb you want a 26 watt Reptisun bulb-- those are the better bulbs---the basking bulb needs to be a clear solid bright white bulb like a flukers or zoo med repti basking or a Exo Terra intense bulb+ you must have a digital probe thermometer- to get your surface basking temps-- you don't want to burn the dragon up 95-100 for surface temps+- please make sure the uvb is unobstructed or it will do no good+ no screen -- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor -- if you need more help please ask

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
The window is good for entertainment - not good for uvb- the glass filters out the uvb rays- so this is what I recommend - what brand are you using? Is it a reptisun brand? If so exchange the 13 watt for a 26 watt reptisun - have it in a reflective dome it will be shiny on the inside- have it unobstructed directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches- this bulb needs to be replaced every 5 months- I do not recommend coils but it's way better than the 13 watt you have - it's a death bulb-- then you can also take him outside for good uvb- direct sunlight on you for 15-30 minutes per day- if you use a container it needs to be a plastic tote- No glass---do not leave him you need to supervise him from birds - you can do this as a good supplement to the 26 watt- if you continue to use the 13 watt your dragon will quit eating and he will start developing mbd-+ dragons need uvb for overall health issues from skin to internal I cannot stress this enough
Agreed 100%