• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon Coming[Rescue]

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just noticed poor little tyke is going into a shed. Boy i have my luck with babies going into sheds lol-it seems every baby i get is in a shed or about to shed. Bella

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's a good sign! At least he's growing and eating like a little piggie.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes; Noella; He starting to realize food is a good thing and eating well.He is chasing a lively cricket right now, and having a little trouble as this one is a little fast for him to catch.I marked his back with a white marker to check his growth rate and it's expanding some so he is growing.Poor little guy has no name as yet still thinking about one for him-he has to have a name. bella

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, I guess you can call him Hammie (since he loves his hammock so much.) :) LOL!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; all; just thought up a cute name for this baby-'PoP ToP-as every where he goe's he don't walk lol-he hops, skips, and jumps along the way. Thought this name would fit him to a T. Another 'Zuess' I should call him 'Zuess' -2. He is a little monkey. When i remove live crix; He jumps right at my tweezers to crab a crix; before lights out lol-And he actually chases me with tweezers until i give it to him.He has to have the last crix; before lights out.And if i run my fingers in a circle on his tank he will follow my finger in circles. Funny little guy, all you can see is his head going in circles lol as he follows my fingers.Will update again-river-7-aka-bella

ravenwolf

Juvenile Dragon
good for you taking him in and it's so nice to hear he is doing well with you. Some people unfortunately just don't have a clue and don't read up on their new pet. He sounds miles better off with you

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Another little update-You would not believe how he has grown; in leaps and bonds.he is about 6-inches from head to begining of tail and still going strong. He is going into his second shed and not too happy at present-didn't even like his bath but did settle down for it. And still has to have that last crix; before bedtime and chases me with tweezers.Tried to bite me at bath time and blew up his beard-And i said to him i would not do that especially when i am bathing you-You could drown very quickly if i let go-and i might if you don't behave lol-Like he listens to me lol. That's all for now will post again. bella

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the Update ...

It is not a good plan to feed live prey prior to bed time. There should be at least an hour or 2 between the last Prey feeding & lights out, to allow them to get some heat to get the digestion process under way.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Germ; It is only 1-small very tiny crix; and i almost can't avoid it with this little monkey as i am grabbing it to take it out he jumps up and zap it's gone lol-It don't seem any worse for wear or tear. and it's only 1-very tiny crix; Thanks anyway-Bella

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A simple solution would be to start to take the crix out an hour or 2 earlier ...

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Now he gets his last meal at 4-pm and i find he don't want any crix; by bed time but little devil still jumps at the tweezers, thinking i got a crix;I think by now it must be a game to him that he likes lol-and that's why the chasing the tweezers. Boy he is soo much like little Zuess was, just full of devilment.Got to be doing something silly all the time. I will be rehoming him when i feel he's ready and well on his way to a healthy happy big dragon.I am going to tile his tank sometime this week and hope that my tiles all fit. I got them just have to make time to do it.I clean his tank nightly -every night as he makes a bit of a mess with salads and such, but it's a routine that all my dragons get a full clean at night and spot cleaning during the day.And with the tiles i don't glue them i just place them in. Much easier to keep clean as knowing this little devil-he would roll around in his own dirt if i didn't clean every night, and spot clean during the day. Just another update bella-aka-river-7

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Rambunctious little fella, isn't he? Then you know'll what'll happen. He'll grow on you and then you think, "Oh! I can't rehome him now! I've fallen in love with him." :D

Latest posts