• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon Coming[Rescue]

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well i have a new young baby coming today-i guess a little rescue, as his owner doe's not know how to look after him/her. I met this person threw email when i was making a purchase.He really doe's not know how to look after-Soo i am going to take him and see if i can get him started on his way to a healthy dragon.I will rehome him at a later date. Just trying to get him started. I believe the baby is very young as he measures approx; 4-inches.And he's very skinny for a baby. I don't know where this guy even got him at this size.The dragon is kind of a black and white which i have never seen this colour before. If he stays this colour he will be a beautiful baby.Oh, another adventure again.
Just thankful I have enough tanks to house these babies. This guy has no lighting on for baby and i just hope there has been no damage done to him as he is very young. He's not being fed well at all but i will fix that up pretty quick. And he's being kept on bark substrate which i did ask for this kid to remove until i pick him up today.The kid is using a lamp to heat the baby-So i am going to meet him with a heat pack ASAP this am and hope for the best.And the mother don't like bugs thus the baby is not being fed properly and she don't have money for veggies.Well wish me and most of all this baby a lot of luck-Will update when i get it all settled in.I don't even know if the baby is being fed under this circumstances=ie; no money to feed and don't like bugs.The kid said the baby had some bread. Not a lot to survive on this.Why do people take in animals under these circumstances?. I have some silk worms, and phoinex, on hand right now and will try to get him started with a couple of worms and then his crix; Hopefully he will eat as he has not been eating according to this kid.The Mother now wants money for this baby and i said no!!! And if you wish to get rid of him i will take him and if not i will report you to authorities, for lack of proper care. Well that was the end of that-So will pick him up this am. bella-aka-river-7

Pat B

Super Moderator
You go girl! This woman wants $$!! I hope you can get him on the right track. Every time I go into Petsmart for crix....I check out the baby beardies. I swear they are getting smaller and smaller....so sad.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just a little update on this new baby; He/she is soo tiny and very underfed. But man he's certainly diving in now. i guess he's trying to make up for no food.He's ate collards, first thing, silkworms, and a few crix; and right now the little dear baby is full and sleeping.He is here beside my computer where i can watch him for a few days. My God he's so so tiny.How this kid got him i don't know. He looks like a hatchling as oppossed to a baby dragon I did report these people to the humane society after i saw the baby.He is so malnourished it's not funny. And the kid saying he would not eat. Well he's eating for me. Maybe he just didn't like bread lol. If he survives i may keep the little tyke. I am hoping i can bring him to full health.His little legs look like tooth picks he's so thin.but he's full of energy after eating properly and exploring all over the place, to see his new home.Quite interested in my computer as he keeps watching it. I think tomorrow when he's a little more settled a bath for him to keep him hydrated. I am giving him water with a syringe on his nose and hes licking it off. Poor little guy i feel very sorry for him. i am feeding small meals as opposed to big ones till he gets use to being fed. He keeps running back to his salad and taking a bite-I guess to make sure it's still there lol.will update again on this little 'Survivor' I think that's going to be his name.River-7-aka-bella-Ps-he's had his little poops. So no worry there and it looks good if poops can look good lol.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww! So glad you rescued the tyke. He's loving everything you give him! :) Maybe you should keep him! He's going to grow on you! :D.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I believe you are on the right track to a full recovery. Kudos to you for taking it in & how you handled things.
icon_thumright-1.gif

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; all; I cranked up the baby's heat a little to make him more comfortable-it's about 110-113 and i don't think that will hurt him any. Just want to make sure he's on the right track. Bella-aka-river-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well the little guy is comfortable now-he's basking and falling asleep-i went out to do some shopping and he seems quite happy now. Likes his little bridge to bask on and his log on the cool side. He likes to pounce on the crix; from his log.He ate 6-crix; before i left and he is working on a few now.But boy he loves his salad and keeps checking to make sure it's still there. Sweet little guy. I don't know what his sex is yet but i'm taking him as a boy. He reminds me a lot of little 'Zuess'.He is very interested in his reflection in the tank and has waved a few times. He is going to get a little bath tonight before his bed time and hope that makes him feel a little better. Poor little guy don't know how long he was without food and water.Just hoping he will survive and get good and healthy.I can't get over how tiny and skinny he is but his little tummy is getting fat now. So hopefully he will continue to eat well. Bella-will update after his bath.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well little tyke had his bath and wondered what happened to him.Kind of looked at me as if to say ok, ok, i'll be good now. He was very frightened, but i gave him my hand to use as a ladder and then he settled right down, actually started to enjoy his bath and took in a lot of water .I am so glad he got a lot of water into him.As i really worry about tiny babies this small dehydrating quickly.will update again on this little ones progress. river-bella

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, i found out that this kid got this baby from a friend who's beardie just hatched some eggs-So this baby is a hatchling. I fed him his supper and he acted frightened of the crix; So i got 1-with the tweezers and fed him and he took it.Maybe just an off time for him. And he ate a few phoenix worms as well, and of course we can't for get the salad that he keeps checking.i marked him so i can tell if he's growing properly or not. Never thought i would be marking a beardie baby.Oh, well best way to watch his growth.will updater later. Bella-aka-river-7

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh boy....then he is really tiny. Why do people do this?? Drives me nuts. The one that you picked is a very very lucky dragon because I know he will make it with you taking care of him!! Good luck and keep us posted! :rolleyes:

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am going this morning to buy another hammock for this little tyke as he don't look comfortable sleeping on the ground lol-So maybe he will be a little more comfy in the hammock. Marcedes just loves hers and sleeps in it all the time-I think the beardies can really relax in these. Will update when i come home. Bella

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww! The excitement of something new! :) He loves it all right and he'll probably sleep in it tonight!

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
Im so glad u could rescue him! My tykes are around the same age and are the same size as urs! Which must have meant malnourished! My goodness! Lucky buggers we have huh! Love to see some pics!

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He is now waiting for his crix; and little tongue going when he see's me with cricket holder and just grabs them quickly. When i am removing any live ones at night he looks for them as if to say 'Oh, no she's taking my dinner-so i give him 1-2-that i am removing and then he's a happy little camper and crawls up in his hammock all happy and off to sleep.He seems to be coming along good and taking 3-meals a day now. Will update again river-7-aka-bella

Latest posts