• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
Its also been suggested to me, that PetSmart sold me the wrong crickets, that with her size needs pinhead crickets not fully grown ones.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
she's not really been leaving her perch. I've taken to using a small bottle with nozzle to give her water that way. will try the salad today.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
Will be leaving shortly to get the digital thermometers and hopefully some food she will eat, when I bought her they only gave me large crickets :(

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
yes, that is one of the reasons I was thinking of hitting up the more independent pet stores as they have to know more I would hope. However can't make it to the only one in the area today.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
found a store with pinheads. Got a thermostat with probe (the other one is missing the battery). the one that works says the UV are is about 82 degrees where Annie sits.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
I moved the gauge to the basking side and it took it a few moments but saw it got up to 91. This is with the 100-Watt essential basking soft bulb, the earlier temp was with the 26-watt desert UVB bulb.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
I can't seem to find any basking lights over 100 watts, any suggestions? Unfortunately the decorations I bought / received with the kit doesn't get close enough to the mesh.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
Got a new UVB bulb and fixture unfortunately the bulb is 2" longer than the fixture, will need to go back to the store to replace it. Perhaps she is finally getting comfortable, she's moving around a lot more today, than she has previously.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
I'm wondering, is it possible she's eating when I'm not looking? When I do watch her she seems to become almost statue like, but today I've noticed she seems to be in quite a few different places when I look up at her.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
UVB is still the bulb which I've been told by a number of people is not good enough, I wasn't able to get back to the pet store today to exchange the fixture for one that is the right size. Her salad is in a bowel which I did see her climb into but not sure if she actually ate anything.

I did also get a IR Thermometer and the basking light is 105 degrees where she would be laying.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
Huge success! Got a UVB light that is 22" (the cage is a bit wider), and she shed her skin. Saw her hunt down several insects. Today I believe she's been much more active.