• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all,
Just got my first bearded dragon yesterday from PetSmart and I have questions...

Hopefully its okay to start in here:
First some back story, when they took her out of the case she was in, the other Bearded dragon disappeared quickly but this one just kind of stayed in one spot, being easy to catch.

I live on the east coast about 5 minutes from the ocean.

So far Annie has stayed on the cooler side of her new home so far. Its currently 80 degrees with a humidity between 49 and 50.

The hot side is 100 degrees with a humidity of 34%

Only time I think she's eaten so far is when I put a dead cricket right next to her, so she didn't have to move. I did see her move once when a cricket was walking on the glass near her but was to far away for her to get it. She was active a little while after she ate the dead cricket otherwise she's pretty much kept to the same place.

This morning after I turned her lights on, I noticed her humidity level on the cooler side was at 60% till I took the water bowel out.

So here are my questions:
Should I put on the warmer side? This does seem to be where all of her crickets are at.
Should I just wait longer to see if she's still dazed from the move? She's been in this container almost 24 hours at this point.

Thanks!
Kat

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
JS2cJ6ckWErffU7r5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JS2cJ6ckWErffU7r5[/IMG]
That is my current setup, both lights are reflective I believe. Should I put it inside the tank?
The lights get turned off at sunset and turned on at sun rise.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
If you look at my profile pic it shows basically where's she's been since I got her. She did move to the top shortly after she ate the dead cricket but then went back down.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
annie_day1c.jpg

I circled her here in this one. This is pretty much under the 26 watt UVB that is above the mesh top.
Currently the stick on says its about 80 degrees with about 38% humidity.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
They didn't go inside no where to attach them. For now they are going through the mesh, when they get turned back on tomorrow.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
I laid the tree down, wonder if I should put it back up, though probably best not to disturb her now, lights have been off for about 4 hours.

Katronix

Hatchling Dragon
I moved her to the basking side this morning. She seems to look around more instead of just laying there, but she allows crickets to walk right over her without any seeming interest in breakfast.
qNJAPBEMhti2Ikql6DVEtX5316NCd72PJE2G47eV4fupdlNyw1KyI84AzDtRYiPZ6C1bjkQ3fi9tT5UVOnZsCIe068MuapnWUmS9amk5pXx85bgYLIdHzkTUZ9azveL8sXS04B8ixZAilPpQo-j0VXwGgg4c43TJ1jxwtSH3ME7AIaRh1POV_-k6g52ehsAAoKoTJStEV8EQ-SBykqulxEFBWpdZNTvrHcJwyOnookbr1PfwEv3q3GNBHaOew5XpS3sx4uNHmPKBS5qp02JGzUhhRi6TlXMJGfsGOopQ29Kr7UN2snf_W205Ur0QNlEtRyf_VDdBFRG12oUqAyK_XZnAMwlHqWbtV0K4gfjoZJ-9Is5C1AG-PH_NxcFMMq-vYpmGdjeHdgnN5K9U0mjlSjLa6O5zg-kcX83Q-VQeugyBOwwybLwfsKYw0c2Jpvx-qJn_b2NUIof4G7PWBiSH3tMLh_oGzxthlIPYoIv0oXRB6-mnCVy9VVgGrWeYvZ1mikwrAjNJQMzuQXmiPvD7Fjk59Dfh7yqCuBfL-oZYLfcrdhA4Fz_PMHKQzMtb2K06JPFqpBT7czY5PUgydkjwkk_SKyDbHQssMHSOEKh9ADYyICjtD8z_hm7qyQXGjJJOv1irfjpJ_QB3dvPnvqqkKXGi3QGB7Q1_CoWxoH2SoU8BM45I5bHhwpC8eDPY=w725-h966-no