• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie mommy to a juvenile !

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys I just recently got two baby beardies about two months old pebbles and bambam ! I'm having trouble with pebbles he/she is not eating as much as bambam is and she/he seems to be staying in the cooler section of the tank and never basking when I pick her up she is very cold and I know they are cold blooded but she is colder than bambam I spray them once a day and I also feed they small crickets with reptocal on them once a day . She stays in one spot and never moves mean while bambam is in the basking part of tank so I know it's not that hot for them I really don't know what to do about pebbles please anyone help !!!!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407338439.651192.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407338403.059053.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hi and welcome to the.forum. A few questions firstly. Wots ur temps at basking spot cool end. Also what do u measure them with? How reg does ur beardie go. If both beardies r in the same viv u will always get a dominant. One who will take the most food best basking spot ect. As ur beardies r so small u shud b offering them live prey at least 2-3 times a day. As much as they want in 15 mins. If one is gettin more than the other id.feed them outsode of tje.enclosure. If one is seeming skitsish it could b gettin bullied.by the other 1. If it was me id seprate them but i know the set up can b quite expensive. So id try feeding out the viv for now. :)

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
Basking is at 87 not sure on cool end but I did split the cooling spot I also have a heating pad under the basking side of tank , it's a 90 gallon tank so that's why I used the heating pad(heat wave) my Beardie seems to be going regularly I find poop every day but I can't tell who's poop it is , pebbles seems to be eating the crickets but not as much as bambam she has 4-5 out of the 20 I feed them in 1 feeding

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am only feeding them crickets once a day I'm getting so many different feedbacks on feeding these babies I'm so confused I don't want to harm them not starve them !! Please need your help and another reason that I cannot separate them pebbles is very very skittish and refuses to let me hold her/him and runs away fast

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I am only feeding them crickets once a day I'm getting so many different feedbacks on feeding these babies I'm so confused I don't want to harm them not starve them !! Please need your help and another reason that I cannot separate them pebbles is very very skittish and refuses to let me hold her/him and runs away fast
A few little tips to help u out a little. Firstly if she cold then she wnt b digesting her food.properly. If u not long got them it will take a couple of weeks for them.to settle in. U can cover 3 sides of the viv so the is less goin on. Like i sed feed them separate so u know tyey both getting well fed. Baby beardies need lots of protine and live.prey is protine id offer food 3 times a day as much as they want in 15 mins takin.out any uneaten ones :) put a little piece of ur clothing in the viv maybe wear a tshirt for a few hours n.put ot in just so they can get use to the smell of u :) always offer ur hand when putting it in the viv weather its for cleanin feeding getting them out. Let them have a little lick of u first. They get moving sickness so u cnt really tell what they like untill its bin a few weeks. She may just b a little afraid thats all give her time to settle dwn but keep ur eye on them being in the same viv. Some beardies dnt mine other wnt tolatate it and can.become really aggresive yowards its house mate :)

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
Friday will be one week I have them so I hope she gets used to things how should I try and feed her separate any tips ?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I just caught pebbles eating some of the food I left out not live! I'm alittle more happy right now to see her eat
Thats gud :) take them out tue viv to feed get a box large enough for ur beardie to move rnd in. il get a pic of the one i use. At least then u know what beardie eatin what and theres no fighting. Plus ur little 1 wnt have to chase them dwn to much :)
I just caught pebbles eating some of the food I left out not live! I'm alittle more happy right now to see her eat
Thats gud :) take them out tue viv to feed get a box large enough for ur beardie to move rnd in. il get a pic of the one i use. At least then u know what beardie eatin what and theres no fighting. Plus ur little 1 wnt have to chase them dwn to much :)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
U could use a smaller box as ur beardies r a lot smaller than mine. But just so u had the jist :)

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just fed them 20 crickets and they haven't are them all there is like 5 still walking around what's the reason I have to take them out of tank why can't I just leave them in there til they wind up eating the rest ??

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
They won't jump out of that??
I just place 1 in a time so i can keep my eye on them but o feed hoppers (locus) not crix. For the reason that answers ur nxt question ....

I just fed them 20 crickets and they haven't are them all there is like 5 still walking around what's the reason I have to take them out of tank why can't I just leave them in there til they wind up eating the rest ??
You have to take any uneaten crix out.coz firstly they can bite and will bite ur beardies also. They r.nocturnal so they will stress ur beadies out at night when they trying to sleep. Thats y i feed mine hoppers theu cnt bite aptho i do still take any.uneaten ones out so they dnt climb on them or stress them out.

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just place 1 in a time so i can keep my eye on them but o feed hoppers (locus) not crix. For the reason that answers ur nxt question ....

You have to take any uneaten crix out.coz firstly they can bite and will bite ur beardies also. They r.nocturnal so they will stress ur beadies out at night when they trying to sleep. Thats y i feed mine hoppers theu cnt bite aptho i do still take any.uneaten ones out so they dnt climb on them or stress them out.
Are hoppers okay for juveniles?

roseann.larocco

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pebbles is doing great and so is bam bam they are both acknowledging each other a lot today and they did great feeding today !! Feeling positive today

Latest posts